S60R V70R calipers on S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S60R V70R calipers on S2

Looking at the calipers from a S60R or V70R, they sure are tasty. Now, they are axial mount which causes a bit of problems. Has anyone seen these things mounted on a Audi? I've seen them mounted om a BMW E30 but nothing else. Can anyone shed some light here?

Out of curiousity, why?
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Pads and pistons same size as 993TT, half price. That's reason enough for me.

Comment

I'm with Ant on this too, why try reinvent the wheel? Or are you just trying to be different?
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Trying to svae cash and get big brakes. I don't know about you, but where I live, 993TT's don't exactly grow on trees - V70R calipers are easier to find. Now, let's leave the why's and get to the point - how...

Comment

lol, sure anything can be made to fit, I have converted lug mount caliper's to radial mount in the past but it isn't cheap to do.
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

Try it at http://www.duwrepair.de/

Search for 993 And you will see!
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

t4 brakes

seen the t4 brakes for a 2005 mod.....and the calipters too....big as

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                  I'm with Ant on this too, why try reinvent the wheel? Or are you just trying to be different?
                  I'm constantly doing that . Reason is simple - in different countries there is different availability of porker/volvo/bummer/merc/etc. calipers. Price also depends on that. Money money money . Same goes to the "wheel" - why to bother with porsche calipers if you have bucket of cash for ready brembo GT kit, or some ceramic stuff on the way

2Others:
                  However not many "cost savers" take in account performance . Not everything with 4 pots is panacea. Brake balance, caliper flexibility, disc availability, pads price and availability, carrier machining costs and durability must be taken into account. It's not unusal, that finally it becomes more expensive than "proper" set of monoblocks, rs2 carriers and A8 disc. If I had S2 - honestly I won't bother with custom setup. It's not worth the effort, unless you (or your bro) are running machine shop and scrapyard at the same time .

Sau
                  P.S. I have three custom brake setup designs on the way - reinventing the wheel inc. . However all of them are for TYP85 ONLY!
                  200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                  CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Edit.
                    Last edited by Henka; 11 April 2006, 10:28.

Comment

Mine are axially mounted and i have no problems, they are Bremsport 4000 series.
                      Attached Files
                      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Uhm? So? They are not from a S60R? What do you mean - do they have the same mounting hole spacing as the S60R's or the S2? Sorry, I just don't understand how that helps me?

Comment

He just wants to say that he has no problems with his brakes being axially mounted so it won't be a problem for your S2 too...
                          Glenn

Comment

Ahh... But you see, that all depends on how the mounting holes are located - that's what I was getting at... It'll probably work out but I'd like to know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
                              It'll probably work out but I'd like to know for sure.
                              This is something new and you're the pioneer Trial&error is the game sometimes, but go for it and tell us how to do it and how it works when you're finished

Comment

Working...
                              X