6-pots Questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-pots Questions.....

can someone please tell me why there is a differense in diam on the pots and why the biggest pot should be pointing frontwards ? i know this will be wrong when you use a caliper meant for leading as a trailing ..
    and also were to get affordable pads for the GT2 6-pot, found someone at €359
    Last edited by ridgeracer; 11 May 2006, 18:13.
    96 RS2
    94 urS4
    02 ALLROAD

The pistons are placed the way they are to ensure even pad wear, if the pistons were all the same size then the force placed by the leading (when compared to the trailing piston) would be different and you would end up with tappered pads.

Porsche monoblock caliper's are asymmetrical and by removing the bleed nipples and the crossover pipes you can convert trailing to leading and still have the correct piston orientation for even pad wear.

I have placed this information here countless times do a search.
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

ok . thanks
      it doesnt seem to be this simple on the cayenne caliper though..
      i think i would need a longer X-over pipe because the caliper is "longer" on the side were the bleed niples are.
      anybody knows were i can get affordable brakepads then ?
      96 RS2
      94 urS4
      02 ALLROAD

Comment

Do a search for the procedure!!!
        But in brief you take the left hand cross over pipe and place it where the nipples are on the right hand caliper and vice versa.
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

i understood what you wrote, but the X-over pipe will not go around the caliper on the bleed niple side because the caliper has more material on that side.
          96 RS2
          94 urS4
          02 ALLROAD

Comment

Just make a new cross-over pipe. I did that for my 996 calipers. It only costs a few pence.
            SS

Comment

Have you got any stuff left to make any more ?
              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Yes. I have
                SS

Comment

Working...
                X