Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URS4/s6 Brake upgrade UFO replacement how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS4/s6 Brake upgrade UFO replacement how?

Ok I have a 93 s4 with UFO brakes. They are now VERY warped and i need to change the discs. I was told that the later cars ran g60 calipers and discs. I have some g60 twin pot calipers so are they just bolt on? What is the best upgrade for little ££? I also have some single pot calipers for a v6 a6, are these anygood. I can get some TT calipers, would that be the way forward. If i need to change suspension uprights/hubs which ones do i need, i have a a6 tdi for parts..... Thanks,des.

UFO struts are vastly different than the G60 equipped cars (which were US only), if you can find a set of struts from a G60 then you can use the RS2 bracket and 323x30 A8 disc with 996's or you can swap to the euro HP2 struts and use the HP2 brakes or you can come speak to me about a 996 conversion and 320x30mm discs using your original UFO struts.
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

Ok Which cars have the HP2 struts Corey? I just couldnt afford Porsche brakes at the moment for the s4. Im trying to save some money on this so i can get the porsche brakes for my URQ from you. Does anyone have the hubs/struts from a later car that woulld bolt in and give me more choice on brakes?

Comment

'94 onwards S4/S6 had the HP2 struts.
        For a standard setup they are very good tbh. I still have mine on my S6 (as everytime I go to put a set of mono's on her someone wants a set). The only change I made was to use braided lines and DOT5.1 fluid. Though the discs have warped a little bit after a bit of heavy useage.
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Ok where would i pickup hubs from a later s4 with HP2 brakes. What size are they? Any other cars use them to open up my search a little? Approx price should i pay?

Comment

http://mpag.free.fr/UFO%20vers%20%20.../UFO%20993.htm some idees at this site???

Comment

the s6+ shuld be direct fit
              ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
              2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
              2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
              2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
              kostic.nu

Comment

Any C4 S series strut bolts straight on not just the S6+, this is the same strut as any HP2 equipped S4/6
                Corey
                01636 822288

Comment

Ok anyone have any late s4/s6 struts and brakes? What would used parts cost approx?

Comment

Working...
                  X