caliper refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caliper refurbishment

does anyone know of. or used, a company to have brake calipers refurbished?
    as on closer inspection the set of 993 Carrera2 calipers i have are in need of a little tlc

time has definietly taken its toll on these, rusted bolts and sheared bleed nipples, lovely
    also looks like 2 of the pistons have been damaged when the rear calipers were removed from the donor vehicle

a search on the internet has brought me no real success, so hoping for a little guidance as usual
    '92 S2 - Bent now

Originally posted by S2-racer
    does anyone know of. or used, a company to have brake calipers refurbished?
    as on closer inspection the set of 993 Carrera2 calipers i have are in need of a little tlc

time has definietly taken its toll on these, rusted bolts and sheared bleed nipples, lovely
    also looks like 2 of the pistons have been damaged when the rear calipers were removed from the donor vehicle

a search on the internet has brought me no real success, so hoping for a little guidance as usual

hi there,

Try Corey from quattronics (first port of call).....he may offer you this service.
    If not try EBC (the red/greenstuff people) do a refurb service - includes seals, pistons, and paint - or phone the brembo rep in the UK, he will put you through to a someone based in london who offers a service of brembo brakes (I no longer have details of this chap) - otherwise ask porsche UK at 1300quid

Ps. just finished doing my own - and for a non techhie...am well chuffed..

hth
    imster

Comment

Originally posted by imster
      Try Corey from quattronics (first port of call).....he may offer you this service.
      I do indeed, if it is just a repaint then it is £120+VAT and plus shipping per pair. If you require the caliper's rebuilding then it will be dependant on what the caliper's need doing to them.
      The caliper's are stripped of their old finish them repainted, using high temperature paint, flatted back then a new "Porsche" logo is applied, which is a decal manufactured from high temperature vinyl and then a high temperature clear coat is applied over the top to ensure a lasting finish.
      Any colour you want just ask but would need the colour number.

Or you could ask about our custom engraving service also
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

sounds good to me, i think what would need doing is as follows:
        2 new pistons in the rear calipers (looks like damage from the breakers)
        new seals all round
        new bleed nipples and covers
        few other sundrie items

would probably go for plain black, no decals
        engraving? sounds interesting
        '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Either PM or email me your requirements and we shall work something out for you.
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

Working...
          X