No announcement yet.

im new.. whats a caliper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can't forget that 'work' pays for the 'fun'! LOL!
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Got my front for the 6 pots down to 145 quid plus vat and delivery! He wanted 195 originally all in! Got my fronts and SAAB 9-3 turbo rears for 210 delivered. No-one could touch that price at the time!

Designun Limited....

Comment

I've really got to get some of those £30 pads from ECP just to see the difference! (maybe )

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C
          I've really got to get some of those £30 pads from ECP just to see the difference! (maybe )

I am going to buy a set of DS3000's to finaly destroy my RS4 disks! I will buy them just to destroy all of my disks before I replace them with newbies. Might be good as a trackday set since changing them in my calipers takes about 15 minutes for both sides since I don't need to remove the calipers (sh@gged disks and monster pads!!). Just redone all measurements so the fully floating 362mm disks will be manufactured as soon as my subbie can do it...need to talk to them this week! Will have to do it in stages because of the prices ie bells first, followed by titanium bobbins and bolts, then the disks themselves! Yipee....three installment...poverty 'till April but it will be worth it!

Lee

Designun Limited....

Comment

sure you wouldn't just rather go with a pair of these? or these?

guess who went round MPH03 looking at the brakes rather than the cars
            Last edited by Alistair C; 7 January 2004, 23:04.

Comment

I'll settle for 'second best' available for a road car, Enzo or not. I've done some calcs and can pull over 1.5g already on the right surfaces! My pads were a bit glazed afer my trackday so my demos for Mihnea and Doug weren't indicative of their potential...they shone on the track as they were before we met in December!

Implementing Ceramic is a nightmare and silly(er) money. Carbon is just a 'mare for the street! I seriously investigated both! I'll give anyone a demo once my chasis is finally sorted....problem is it costs a fortune so I have to do it slooooooowly whilst I fit in other things!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Did i hear £30 ECP pads? plz tell tell!
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

Well, ECP is Euro Car Parts...give 'em a bell as they have outlets nationwide. I imagine this is one of the 'regular' replacement pads and not likely to be something suitable for a 'driven' S2 given how shocking the stock setup was. Opinions vary but I was getting fade midway between single braking maneouvers! What were Audi thinking when they put such crap on a 150mph car? Accountants!

Designun Limited....

Comment

ohh... is that what ECP stands for.. YUK

im trying to find better pads than genuine ones for under £50 for the back..

have i got a chance?

Can anyone give me a part number for the DS2500's pads for rear so i can see how mutch they come out to?
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X