Brake bleeding kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake bleeding kits

Anyone got any personal preferences for brake bleeding devices?
    My mate mentioned to me something called an Easybleed, which apparently involves using the spare tyre?? What's that all about?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Hi Dan,

I like the eezibleed, all you need to do is make sure the tyre pressure is correct, you don't run out of fluid in the resovoir.

Before use make sure that you empty the old dirty fluid out of the resovoir first, no point in in flushing the crap through your system. Use a turkey or siphon it out. Wipe round with kitchen roll to clean it ( bon't leave any bits in there!

Go to a motor factors and buy a gallon of fluid Dot4 should be £12 this is cheaper than 1 litre at £3.50 from Halfords. I'ts amazing how much you get through when you need it!

http://www.gunson.co.uk/acatalog/

Comment

Do I presume then that you hook the easybleed up to the spare tyre and to the master cylinder, and the pressure of the tyre basically pushes the new fluid through, without drawing in air?

Clever.

Comment

Yup simple as that. I've had mine for 20 years and it has saved me so much time. Especially on a highly tuned Austin A35 which I built for a girlfriend.

That is I built it for her and not to use as a girlfriend!

Just make sure the tyre pressure is ok not too high or low.

Comment

Tried the one that uses tyre pressure once but it wouldn't seal on the resevoir opening (once I'd got the pressure in the spare low enough too!)...I found it a pain in the **** personally.

I just used those pipes from Halfords with the built in non-return valves. Piece of cake. I have an assistant to pump the pedal as it leaves me free to watch the fluid coming out, the fluid level in the resevoir etc. The check valves mean you don't have to do the good old synchronised pump of the pedal and bleed nipple tightening. Works for me but my method is a 2 man job!!

Try out the tyre pressure jobbie...helps if you can loan one too!

Lee
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

so many different ways to bleed a fire-spitting monster

Comment

Working...
            X