• Show
Clear All

• 996 Calipers on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=56496
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

They seem to be different sizes.

I feel they have shown one side. This must be for the full car set.
    My German is non existant but I know what Vorspung durch technik means!

I'll start a seperate thread about that sometime, bad joke, very baaaad joke.

Comment

I'd suggest they are the same ones as I've used......

Babelfish translation:
      Brembo four-piston mono block of brake calipers in new condition for the front axle. At the new vehicle against red saddles of an identical brake assembly of the Boxster S were exchanged. Newest technology from the current Porsche model. The brake pliers are from a high-strength aluminum - casting manufactured, an optimal brake pressure is ensured. Very easily, since no connecting bolts are more necessary. The brake calipers have light customs scratches, which resulted from storage and disassembly. Porschenr. 996.351.425 and 996.351.426. Without linings and mounting material. Naturally also for changes on div. other vehicles suitably. Ebay I, dispatch of the buyers. No return and guaranteeing. Much fun when braking! 911,986 Boxster Boxter R-S S2 S4 RS2 RS4

I think the images are just misleading because he took close ups & screwed things up with perspective!

People 'upgrading' their boxster S cars from black to red calipers is where mine came from too..... its probably where most come from for that matter - posers"!!

Part numbers are correct & bloke has good feedback.

Clearly no connection to me - so don't blame me !!

Comment

I'm still carefully looking for some calipers.

I have a couple of leads to follow up.

I didn't want to waste the black 993 caliper I have. I don't want red it would match my eyes.

I want to be able to examine them first. A seal kit is not cheap.

They are only £175 each but that is exchange!

There is no problem painting them. I just need the calipers.

I have been warned against a pair from a racing porsche. The seals had heat hardened, frightening!

seals only from Porsche they comes with a piston at £50. 4 per pot 2 x sides = £200 quid

frightening!

Girling kit £12 for G40 calipers what can I say!!

Comment

Working...
        X