brake pads which are the best make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pads which are the best make

Hi can any one tell me the best replacement front brake pads for a ur s6, or is it best to stick to the original, what ever they might be .!

Opinions will vary for sure but I've had good luck with hawk pads.
    sigpic
    thanx
    Ron
    90 CQ 2.6l 20vt stroker project...sikRs2
    91 v8q 5spd DTM project
    91 200 20v
    93 v8q 4.2 "Der Green Monster"

90 v8q not stock..Urs8 gone but not forgoten :-(

Comment

I'll throw in my traditional vote for Ferodo DS2500s.
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Im still searching for brakes pads for the QRS brakes. They are reluctant to tell me any part numbers, manufacturer's or different options in brake pads.
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
          Im still searching for brakes pads for the QRS brakes. They are reluctant to tell me any part numbers, manufacturer's or different options in brake pads.
          I had something similar on a customer's car that had a Mov'it upgrade, their agent quoted them over £170 for a pair of pads, which I was able to supply for £70 for exactly the same pad.
          You will probably find that it is a pagid pad, do you have any number's on the back of the pads?
          Corey
          01636 822288

Comment

I do believe that QRSport were using hawk pads from the States, although I cannot remember which compound.
            Cheers
            Chris
            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I use ferodo ds 2500 pads, i am quite satisfied
              Cheers

Murat

Comment

another wote for the ds2500 but i doubt they are made for a UR S6 pad shape on a standard caliper.....

Pagid would get my vote for OEM replacement...their fast road pad is a good (if dusty) upgrade over stock on the girling G60 stock s2 caliper...
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp
                  Hi can any one tell me the best replacement front brake pads for a ur s6, or is it best to stick to the original, what ever they might be .!
                  Whenever I have the stock HP2's on my urS6 I like to use the stock pad and disc but find that they can be improved by braided lines and good brake fluid but the key is in bedding them in properly.
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

I will try to remove a pad and see if there are any numbers.

But then again, Im not happy with the pads and want to change compound to something else. How would I go about that? or because they are custom brakes im stuck with only 1 option?
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

You might like to take the pads out, measure them and then compare the dimensions and shape to something in the EBC brakes international catalogue - www.ebcrakes.com (Catalogues)

Not saying you need to use EBC brake pads, but once you find out which (if any) pad is identical you can probably see what car they were fitted to, which is then a good cross reference for finding compatible pads from other manufacturers.

Comment

Hawk QRS Pads

I Have QRS Brakes and the pads are as follows:

Hawk HB101F.800 HPS Compound (Fast Road) or HP (Race Compound)

I've just fitted the HPS ones as they are so much better for every day use.

I Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                        X