Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PN for ABS sensor Copper Sleeve?? ABS sensor fitting issue!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PN for ABS sensor Copper Sleeve?? ABS sensor fitting issue!!

ok guys.
    Ive been refurbing some of the car lately (most of it!) and as my ABS was bust due to the previous f**kwit owner cutting wires and also due to missing sensor(S) Ive refurbed the hubs and got 2 new , 2 used ABS sensors to refit...

Problem being I only have ONE of the copper ABS sensor sleeves that makes the sensor a snug fit into the hub.....

Ive ordered 2 different parts from Audi (and the main parts dude ordered the latest bits) but they are totally wrong and nothing like the copper sleeves I need!!!!!!!!! (they are both plastic "cap" things of no use to man nor beast...)

I cannot see these sleeves anywhere on the etka diagram and now we have tried the two parts I and the audi parts guy thought they might have been..................so now Im stuck!

Can anyone help please?? I need to buy three of them ASAP!!

Without them the sensors are a very loose fit in the hole (steady wab!)....I was thinking I could resort to insulating tape but Im not sure if this would screw the operating environment for the sensor magnetics???

Any ideas or a Part Number would be magical!!!

THANKS

Last edited by s2dude; 12 August 2006, 21:49. Reason: incorrect

anyone??

Comment

NOT looking good then?

Comment

443 927 817

UK retail price from a friendly Audi stealer is £9.52 inc vat each
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru
          443 927 817

UK retail price from a friendly Audi stealer is £9.52 inc vat each

You are my hero mate

Many Thanks!!

£9.52...Ouch!!!! "clamping sleeve" it says? sounds good to me

Comment

Just a suggestion. Coat the abs hub hole with antiseize before installing. Otherwise the inside of the hole will rust, and expand inward squeezing the copper tube and abs sensor. Then next time you won't have to drive it out with a brass punch like I had to. Does a number on the sensor.

Just another one of those things to do when do the brakes, everytime you bleed or change pads.

Greg W.
            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
            X