Rear brake noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake noises

Sounds like i got a rodding stone stuck but its not. I took a disc grinder to my disc as its got plenty of life in it, But some horrible rust. This has now gone but a mouse has arived.
    This only happens every now and again. I also panited the caliper as it was rusty to.
    What could it be
    Cheers Guys
    Chef

Originally posted by terrybullwon
    Sounds like i got a rodding stone stuck but its not. I took a disc grinder to my disc as its got plenty of life in it, But some horrible rust. This has now gone but a mouse has arived.
    This only happens every now and again. I also panited the caliper as it was rusty to.
    What could it be
    Cheers Guys

Am I right in thinking you used an angle grinder with a grinding disk on to "flat" the disk or??

Does the sound happen under braking or constantly?

it may be the disk is no longer true (if under braking) after grinding///

I used fine wet and dry to polish a high spot off one of my disks but it still made a nasty grinding sound under braking so I skipped it and bought new disks F and R

Cheap too from GSF.....about £40 a pair for rear iirc
    Last edited by s2dude; 21 August 2006, 20:42.

Comment

Its just at low speeds, its really annoying!!! i used a disc, onto a flat surface and a little p120 paper
      Chef

Comment

It is the disk or dry pads. Did you put copper grease on the back of the pads. S2 rear disks are available from GSF as already stated and are cheap.

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

didnt use any grease, i guess its just going to be as easy to buy new discs and pads
          Chef

Comment

You will need the caliper wind back tool too if you are doing discs and pads.... (Otherwise it is a *******)

See recent threads.

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X