Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brake lines?

Hi,

What brake lines should I buy for my 996 conversion on my S2. Could someone give me a specific link instead of just saying RS2 Hardlines!! Not sure which ones to buy off the vag site, even if they are the correct ones to buy!

Cheers

_phil
    ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onean...9872%3D2A%3D29
    sigpic

Comment

Yup, those are the puppies

You'll find that once fitted to the car, they don't actually line up with the caliper.....DOH! I hear you yell. However, they are soft copper and a foot long so easily bend the whole inch across to the new position they need to be in

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

So thats it then? Their the only lines I need to complete the job?

Cheers

Phil

Comment

yes, these replace tthee current two part hard and flexible hoses as the rs2 version goes from the caliper and swings round the rear of the strut...

i think if you search for a thread i made when i finally got mine sorted there was a picture showing it attached to the caliper.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Awesome, well ive already spent a painfull amount of money on the conversion, may aswell by those lines and the brackets from VAG.com now too!

Comment

Originally posted by S2 PTH
              So thats it then? Their the only lines I need to complete the job?

Cheers

Phil
              You would be well advised to replace the rubber flexi's with something from Goodridge's finest.
              No need for custom lines when using the RS2 hardline's. You would need RS2 front and then just stock for the rear.
              We supply this with our conversion's.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11308
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I spent about 10 USD and bought straight line from VAG. It is 400mm long and I just bent it myself. I used the existing hard line that around the strut as a template, and then just bent what I needed to get to the caliper. The groumet is for where the line goes through the hole where the old flex line from the caliper bolted up to the hard line coming around the strut. Groumets were .10 cents each.

As for the flex line from the body to the strut, the stock line works just fine. If your don't want to go to the expense of stainless.

Greg W.
                  They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                  X