replacement stainless rear brake lines, coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement stainless rear brake lines, coupe

Anyone happen to know where you can buy the goodridge stainless hoses for the stock rear calipers? About to buy new carriers and calipers as after 25 years mine have definitely seen better days. Will refresh the lot and replace the now 10yr old s/s lines i put in at the time as they look well aged.

Thanks
    David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

If you know what fittings and lengths you need, I'd recommend HEL

http://auto.helperformance.com/custom-brake-hose

Just had some made for my new from brakes and they came in 3days. Going to get some for the rears too
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

nice one Andy, thanks!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

+1 for HEL
        I have not long replaced the “stainless” Goodrich lines I had after they swelled and went rusty :corey:
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yeah mine havent yet swelled but looking like they are rusting and didnt want to leave them on any longer after i spotted it. talking of rust, looks like a may have a little bit under where the little plastic storage box goes in the boot (driver side) below the flap on the boot liner. Will need to get it back together, through the mot and then decide whether to paint her finally...Looking a bit sad and old these days whereas a new lick of paint and a proper sorted underside mechanically means it should be back to her former glory.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I have HEL flexi on the rears and they certainly don't rust
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

anyone have the receipe for the HEL ones?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                talking of rust, looks like a may have a little bit under where the little plastic storage box goes in the boot (driver side) below the flap on the boot liner.
                I’d check that out, all the coupes Ive seen rust there- I think the under seal robot missed that bit at the factory,
                My CQ and my ABY were rusted through so chances are you will need to weld in some new metal. The quicker you sort it the easier the repair will be

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I had to replace the section around the seam on the driver's side due to rust. Must be a common area by the look of it.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                  X