plug and play 330mm discs to fit my S2 with VRS Adaptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug and play 330mm discs to fit my S2 with VRS Adaptors

As per title anyone know of a set that will fit our cars with the porsche 429/430 calipers i have a set of merc 330 x 32 discs but they are about 3/4mm from sitting properly and i can't remove the adaptors as the bolts are properly stuck in there to fit a 4mm plate.

Alex does a set of brackets for that particular disc/caliper combo rather than look for other discs!

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...30x32-disc-kit

Comment

Cheers Robin
        Firstly, no Mercedes discs are plug & play as far as I know - the hub bore is wrong and needs to be machined. Its an easy job though.
        I can make some brackets to suit ML 330x32 discs, these are very similar weight to the common 314/323 discs used with the smaller 996 4 pots.
        There is also a 350mm option but I wouldn't recommend it as their weight is measured on an astronomical scale. I can also make semi or fully floating two piece rotors to suit.
        I can machine some discs if you know what are supposed to be used? Sounds like a bodge job if there are shims in there though....

HTH
        Alex
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Doesen't seem to be anything around 330mm in either 32 or 34mm width with total height @60mm. I guess you have the deeper Merc disc that put the disc further inboard. That explains the 4mm plate presumably to space the bracket back.
          Unfortunately those VRS brackets were really only suitable for the RS2 as there would have been Porsche discs to suit off the shelf.

Comment

The ML 330x32 discs have a 54.5mm height. The SL 330mm discs have a 64.5 height, but these will hit the ball joint.

HTH
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Mine's only got 314s and with ds2500s, it stopped very well with minimal fade on track (as some on here will confirm). Correct pad choice is as important as size, so bare that in mind. Textars are disappointing in my experience; I'd go EBC Yellows on a budget and have run these on many cars with good results. Just be prepared for dust...
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Hmm.. it does seem that VRS did do brackets for 322mm diameter discs/GT3 calipers so its possible that he has spaced the caliper 4mm radially rather axially which theen stacks up to 330mm! But that does not seem to account for the offset differences for the Merc discs,
                Bilko, can you clarify where the plate is fitted. If you have the same discs as Alex's kit then the best solution would be a set of Alex's brackets assuming you have already modded the discs to fit on the hub. Guess you will have to bite the bullet and remove whatever components from the vehicle (hub carrier?) to attack the stuck bolts.

Re reading the first post perhaps hthe OP wants to fit a 4mm spacer rather than having already fitted! Anyway a better explanation of the situation might prove beneficial to those trying to help
                Last edited by twoqu; 5 July 2018, 17:32.

Comment

The discs fitted at the moment are A8 323mm the ones I bought are Merc E300 330x32 I haven't fitted any shims as I can't get the adapters off even with heat applied and idont want to damage them. so I gather the Merc ml 350 discs have a different depth and might just fit if not then I will need a set of adapters from Alex.

Comment

Easiest way to determine whether you have the right discs would be to place one on a flat suface and place a straight edge on the top and measure the total height top to bottom. If its @55mm they will work with Alex's brackets. If they are @65mm they won't! Any Merc disc would need to have the centre bore diameter increased as its too small to fit over the Audi hub.
                    If you already have the correct discs then Alex's brackets seems to the best solution as they are design specifically for that application. I appreciate that you are experiencing difficulties wit the brackets. I guess there has been some corrosion between the materials. Is it the bolts holting the brackets to the hub?
                    Hopefully Alex can clear up the disc suitability.

Comment

E-class W211 & W212 discs have a 64.5mm hat height and won't work.

The main consideration with the Merc discs is the hat height. Most of the 330x32, 344x32 or 350x32 discs have a 64.5mm hat height and these will hit the lower ball joint.
                      That is why I used the ML discs with the lower hat height. My brackets are based on the ML 330x32mm discs (Brembo p/n 09.A956.11).
                      I can increase the radial offset to allow the use of the larger ML 350x32mm discs. (Brembo p/n 09.A958.11)
                      These discs weigh about 13kg though so I really wouldn't recommend it. Anything over 330mm really needs to be a 2 piece arrangement to keep the unsprung mass in check.

My larger radial offset brackets will also work with the GT3 6pot calipers but must use the 350mm disc - there is also a 375x36mm discs option with the GT3 calipers but these weigh a metric **** ton - about 15kg each.

HTH
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex is there a two piece disc that will work with either the adapters i have or yours, i know MTC will make a disc to suit don't know the price though, also tarox do them for £805 bit steep me thinks.

Comment

Hi Ray,

There is no off-the-shelf option; I can machine some bells to suit an available rotor, of which there is quick a range of price & quality out there.
                          If you want the budget end of the spectrum, a semi-floating set-up you're looking at around £600, fully floating with anti-rattle springs etc around £750-800
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf adapter for a 330x32 disc for the 17Z calipers for the RS2? And also if there are 330mm discs available from porsche for such a kit?

I'm looking to go that way fit a 6pot on the rs2 and be able to keep the 17inch wheels as an option. Small upgrade from the 322 but flexible

Comment

Not sure on the RS2 options, am I right in thinking the RS2 centre hub location hole is unique?
                              The 996TT / C4S disc is 330x34. MK2 GT3/GT2 is 350x34. 17z is lug fitment - to be honest I’m not a big fan of the 17z / 18z they are very heavy compared to the GT3/GT2 6 pots.
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X