b4 80 brake noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjp001 View Post
    ...euro car parts that they list a 'brake pad fitting kit' (image attached) that I do not have, and can't see how that would fit to my brakes. Perhaps this is the problem?
    Not for your set-up.

I assume you have solid discs, single piston callipers mounted on 2 sliding pins?

Comment

As John says, don't think those are for your calipers.
      How to test if your calipers are sticking - When the car is cold take it for a short drive, 2 or 3 miles doing only gentle braking. Carefully feel each disc to see how warm it is. Cold - all good. Warm - possible problem. Hot, especially if one side, it's sticking.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yes you've got it John, that's the type.

Thank you Dave that's a useful test! When I have a free weekend in the new year I will try that out and see if I can sort it out thanks to the information you've generously offered. Will update with results!

Comment

Hi all, I said I would follow this up when I found the problem (which was a couple of months ago). Although the piston felt like it was winding back similarly on both sides and the brakes didn't appear to be overheating from binding, it turned out that the driver's side piston had some corrosion on it. Once this was cleaned up there has been no more brake noise thankfully!

Comment

... So credit to Tractor Dave for the great suggestion! Many thanks!

Comment

Great stuff!
              BTDT with my Terracan. Both sides, 1 year apart.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
              X