Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesky fault code 00814

Alright gents,

Looking for some advice on this one as I'm really struggling.

It's not S2 related so hope you don't mind, but on my 2012 Q7.

Basically my ESP light is on and unable to select any ride heights because of this code.

It relates to N247 which is a solenoid coil for brake pressure, the solenoid is part of the brake servo and unfortunately requires changing the complete servo as the sensor is built in.

After doing a bit of digging fault code 00814 is triggered if you have-

"Open circuit or loose contact in the wiring between the solenoid coil for brake pressure N247 and the ABS control unit J104"

Now then, I've checked the wiring between the N247 sensor and J104 with no issue to report

I've checked the sensor itself for an open circuit, again no issues.

I purchased another servo of a breaker Q7 with 6000 miles with a view to fitting it today, only to realise I need a special tool to separate the brake pedal from the servo, fecked if I'm struggling on my back trying to lever it apart with screw drivers etc.

So for test purposes I plugged in the N247 off the new servo only to find it's throwing the same code. The new servo wasn't connected with a master cylinder/vacuum, simply electrically so not sure if that would make a difference or not.

The resistance across the original N247 and the new servo N247 was exactly the same, so either the new servo is not right or the problem lies elsewhere.

If anyone can help with this It would be most appreciated.

Cheers chaps

Gordon

Sorry for the spaces between sentences, posted the query on Audisrs and copied it across here.

Comment

Found some good info on what the N247 is and how it works.

From page 50 onwards of this document gives a good explanation.

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_204.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X