Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always do a brake test after an 'expert mechanic' fitted spacer kit onto the princess calipers for my V8 Capri I converted when I was 22.
    When I took them off and back to him I asked if he had fitted the o rings that came with the kit
    his reply was 'I didn't think I needed to'
    it was at that point I stopped using him and did it all myself.

Comment

I have had a brake hose burst on one of the front brakes in my C4. It happened at a parking lot when I had to slam the brakes very hard. I did notice it quite a while later driving in the town when I felt the brake pedal was soft and at some point I already had to press it twice to make it stop. I drove couple km-s home(little to no traffic and no stops needed - read countryside) like that and found the leak. I do not see how you could lose your brakes 100% like that right away only if the hose or pipe was directly cut to half maybe.

Comment

Can this guy get removed please. All his posts are just links to his parts business.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
          Can this guy get removed please. All his posts are just links to his parts business.
          Done
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Thanks, my authenticator for admin account wasnt seeming to work.
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              Thanks, my authenticator for admin account wasnt seeming to work.
              No worries David, somehow I logged in with just my username and password.

Hope you are well
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
              X