Porsche brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche brakes

hello all , I've got some Porsche monoblock calipers , 996-352-421 / 442 , after some tentative searching they seem to be rear calipers although I seem to think that they are fine being used on the front . I would like to use them on my 91 3b keeping the original 3b wheels , what disks and mounting brackets would I need ? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

They probably aren't worth using on the front as the piston diameters are too small. The usual calipers used end 425 & 426 have various brackets available, Error404 sells some currently, or Bambridge ones are good too. Usually setup for 314mm A8 discs under 16" wheels or 323mm A8 for 17".

Comment

Would they offer any improvement on a standard set up in conjunction with the 314 mm discs ?

Comment

Calculate the piston area and compare it to the stock G60s. My gut feel is they won’t be much of an improvement if any over stock, the rear calipers have significantly smaller pistons than the front.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thank you for your replys , will check on the piston area

Comment

I had some 996 352 425/426 on the front of my coupe With 323mm discs. They were the rear calipers from C4S/ Turbo and I think they had something like 26 and 28mm pistons.They were an improvement over standard but gave a harder pedal feel. I changed them for some 996 351 425/426 which gave a softer pedal and improved braking. If your pistons are smaller than the Turbo ones I don't think you would see any improvement over standard but you would gain a mighty strong right leg. If you fit rears to the front you need to swop the bleed nipples and crossover pipe end for end as the rears on the Porsche are leading and the fronts on the S2 are trailing.

Comment

rear calipers on front is not a good idea

Comment

Thanks for your replys , I have done a bit of research and calculated the piston surface , the piston sizes are 28 and 30 with a surface area of 2642mm2 , the g60's are 2537mm2 , I think the TT boys have used them but I'm still unsure about the benefits over cost

Comment

if your fitting something that depends on your life then fit the right ones or don’t fit any and stick to oem front brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by simons2 View Post
                    Thanks for your replys , I have done a bit of research and calculated the piston surface , the piston sizes are 28 and 30 with a surface area of 2642mm2 , the g60's are 2537mm2 , I think the TT boys have used them but I'm still unsure about the benefits over cost
                    Based on those number there will be no point in fitting them.
                    Go with the well trodden path - 996 351 425/426 and 314 or 323 A8 rotors. I have brackets in stock for both disc options
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thank you , looks like I will go down the tried and tested route, that set up will definitely fit under my 3b alloys ?

Comment

With 15mm spacers they will fit under the 3B alloys
                        - Audi S2 3B -

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Working...
                            X