Rubbing discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing discs

Just fitted all the bits back together on the front brakes iv used 5mm stainless adapter plates to take the calipers inboard 5mm. they now fit over the 330x34mm discs and bolt up ok the calipers are Porsche 996 carrera 4s turbo ones 429/430 which Porsche say discs are 330x34mm standard. when I took the car out to test there was a screeching coming from the front got back in garage and I checked the brakes and found that the discs are catching the top of the caliper on the inside also the pin was snapped in half and the pad retaining clip was bent back outside the caliper both calipers are affected other than having a couple of mill taken off the discs or buying another set of Audi s8 d2 discs unless anyone here has an idea of what I can do to correct this.

thanks in advance.

Where did you get your mounting brackets from?
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

First off are they 330x34 discs? The only 330x34 discs I know of are Porsche and they won’t fit an S2 hub. If you are using D2 S8 discs they are not 330x34, they are 323x30. Bottom line your mounting brackets are not compatible with whatever disc it is that you have there.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

The discs I have are merc E30 and when I measured the hat height there was a 5mm difference between the s8 and these hence why I had a 5mm plate made i will go back to s8 ones less hassle until I get some funds together for a new set up by the way Alex what’s the cost of yours brkts and discs ?

Comment

What about spacing the radial offset also? The 330mm disc needs an extra 3.5mm spacing on the disc radius, that’s why you’re scraping.
          I have brackets for 330x32 ML350 discs with 996TT calipers, also brackets being anodised now for B8 S4 345x30 discs with 996TT calipers. The brackets are £200 inc VAT
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I was looking at that last night but I’d had enough by then so called it a night. Has it got to be exact at 3.5mm ? Just looked at merc ml350 discs and it said they come in 345x32 and are your brkts compatible with my calipers 996 4s turbo ? Also Alex do you do a injector harness.

Comment

I got the brackets from wil at vrs.

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
                I was looking at that last night but I’d had enough by then so called it a night. Has it got to be exact at 3.5mm ? Just looked at merc ml350 discs and it said they come in 345x32 and are your brkts compatible with my calipers 996 4s turbo ? Also Alex do you do a injector harness.
                If your brackets are for 323mm discs then yes - 7mm diameter difference, divided by 2 = 3.5mm on the radius to fit 330 discs.
                If you want to use different discs then really you should use proper brackets made for the job not bodging it with spacers.

The W164 ML350 uses a 330x32 disc and this is what I use. My brackets are to suit these discs and 996 turbo/ MK1 GT3 4 pots (ending 429/430). I also have some brackets available soon for these same calipers and 345x30 B8 S4 discs.
                HTH
                Alex
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X