Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girling G60 swap on Coupe Quattro

Hello,

i alnthinking of swapping the front brakes in my Coupe Quattro 2,3NG to Girling G60.
    What parts do i need for swapping the front brakes (now 256mm to 276mm)
    do i need to change the mastercylinder too?

thanks!
    -1989 Audi Coupé 2017-...
    -1986 Audi 90 2.2 2014-2017 Daily classic
    -1993 Audi 80 1.9TDI |recycling OEM parts| 2013-2014
    -1990 Audi 90 2.3 USA 2012-2013

Need the caliper carriers to take the bigger disc but need to check the bolt hole spacing on the hub
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Calipers, carriers and disc. Everything bolt on. No need to change master cylinder.
      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Hi Sir,

If you haven't already seen this, and if you (and other readers) are perhaps not sourcing all your parts directly from or for a 7A Coupe, a read-through may help with what to check for (rotor hat heights, brake line lengths, caliper specifics, etc.):

http://www.20v.org/brakeupg.htm

While changing the M/C may not be required, a 7A Coupe sized one (P/N's: either 441-611-021A or B?), which -may- have a slightly larger piston diameter than what you have, if so, will (by restoring the master to slaves ratio) give a higher firmer pedal feel.

Cheers.
        Last edited by Lago Blue; 19 April 2020, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post

While changing the M/C may not be required, a 7A Coupe sized one (P/N's: either 441-611-021A or B?), which -may- have a slightly larger piston diameter than what you have, if so, will (by restoring the master to slaves ratio) give a higher firmer pedal feel.
          2.8 had Girling 60 from the factory and uses same 22.3mm MC as 2.3 NG
          2.3 NG uses vacuum servo and 7A uses hydraulic servo, can the MC be swapped between those two?
          Both part numbers are NLA anyway.

If you need 25.4mm MC use one from transporter. Price is reasonable.

For ABS use 7D0611019B, need 2 new pipes from MC to ABS pump, as ports are on the other side.
          Without ABS use 7D0611019A, direct fit.
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Hi M2kl,

That's interesting, I had no idea re 2.3 NG Coupe would have vac servo. IIRC, on my 2.8 w/ABS I swapped in an alloy 441-611-021B M/C without mods or issue, everything lined up. Perhaps that then infers this is also do-able on an NG Coupe?

Comment

On LHD, only S2, 7A (NM) and 1.8 20V Cabriolet had hydraulic servo. Cabrio was purely a clearance issue.
              RHD used hydraulic servo on more models, because there is less room on that side, airbox, exhaust etc.
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Thanks Mk2l, always more to learn!
                For the OP, here is a photo (4AudiQ's) of a 441-611-021B M/C in place of the original, on a LHD 2.8 w/Vac. servo:

BMC on 12v.png

Comment

... and yup, the 7A master cylinder will bolt up to a vacuum servo just fine!

Comment

NG had 22mm MC from the factory. MC upgrade is not mandatory but useful I would say.
                    On NG quattro if you go 2-pipes MC instead of 3-pipes one you have to say goodbye to rear circuit pressure regulator under the MC.

Comment

How about this one then? If it is in fact a four-port, for a 1990 200 (amongst others) that likely had G60's, P/N: 441 611 021 A (see photo)

Plug one port?

Separately, don't the Cab's have a RCPR also, what do they do?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-New-Ate...2815#vi-ilComp

Audi 200 MC 441 611 021 A .png

Comment

FWD have pressure regulator on the rear axle.
                        1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                        X