RS2 Genuine Drilled Rear 299mm Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Genuine Drilled Rear 299mm Discs

I spruced up my Genuine rear drilled RS2 299mm rears today, they came up pretty good. I think I must have bought them 10 years ago (they were in a sorry state, I should have never used the RS2 over winter !)
    Attached Files

This is the discs when they were new, I’m pretty sure there wasn’t any PORSCHE part numbers anywhere on the packaging, on the wrappers or any of the discs, but I’m kicking myself for not remembering. B4AA2DA8-3FE6-4F84-B4C4-EDEF96021AF0.jpeg

Comment

There's no direct Porsche equivalent for the drilled discs. Porsche part number 951 352 041 01 are the same dimension, but just a vented disc, not drilled. They were original fit for the 944 Turbo and 928 GTS. There are aftermarket drilled discs, but they're a very different pattern to the Audi ones, I believe they are made by Zimmermann.
      92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
      98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
      63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
      69 Austin Mini Cooper
      71 MGB GT
      75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
      04 Kawasaki GPX250
      96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Well thats one side done on the rear
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here is my 299mm drilled rear discs, copied from my thread. Brand is Sebro and i contacted them but they ignored my questions about the rear discs, you can see the art nr in the picture:

"Dirty parts blasted. Will have to mask them up and clean a little more before sending it to the painter. Not sure what to do with the rear brake discs.. Maybe regular 2K paint will do it if i dont trackday the car. Any one know what new brake discs is "coated" with, like Zimmermann discs? Bolts and brackets will be galvanized yellowish.

Also i found one interesting thing about the rear drilled discs, they have a Sebro part nr, but i have no luck finding them online.
          Readings on the disc: Sebro 205804, 1.4064 and then just info about Min-thickness/diam.
          As far as i know the only place we can get them is from Audi TRS and they are like 480Euro for one disc... Any one that can check the Sebro part nr? I had no luck searching just got the regular non-drilled disks from Sebro."

45764-5ba5dd2b9e274f5e558328434cacb8d5.jpg 45764-42e6b2b1123fdc5a5bd798ab53dce2f9.jpg

Comment

I have Sebro discs on my RS2: Sebro 205198 (304mm, Front Right, vented, not drilled); Sebro 205199 (304mm, Front Left, vented, not drilled); Sebro 205804 (299mm, Rear Pair, vented, not drilled). According to Sebro, they apparently fit the following Porsche 928 cars too: 928 4.6S; 928 4.9S; 928 4.9S, S4; 928 5.0 S4 KAT; 928 5.0 GT. So, if Sebro 205804 is vented but not drilled, does the 1.4064 you have mentioned and shown refer to the drilling or were the discs drilled later? I could not find new drilled Sebro discs to fit the RS2.

Comment

I will need front and rear soon enough, any links to buy them bud. I have big reds

Comment

Originally posted by JonRS2 View Post
                I have Sebro discs on my RS2: Sebro 205198 (304mm, Front Right, vented, not drilled); Sebro 205199 (304mm, Front Left, vented, not drilled); Sebro 205804 (299mm, Rear Pair, vented, not drilled). According to Sebro, they apparently fit the following Porsche 928 cars too: 928 4.6S; 928 4.9S; 928 4.9S, S4; 928 5.0 S4 KAT; 928 5.0 GT. So, if Sebro 205804 is vented but not drilled, does the 1.4064 you have mentioned and shown refer to the drilling or were the discs drilled later? I could not find new drilled Sebro discs to fit the RS2.
                I cant find info on my discs from Sebro. I can't imagine that they were drilled later. They sure look identical to Audi Original drilled discs. I emailed them but they just asked me to contact the swedish retailer. And when i did so, i got no answers.. E-mailed the swedish retailer now again.
                Last edited by s0_big; 6 May 2020, 20:49.

Comment

In answer to Rikki Kitto, my RS2 has Little Reds and vented but not drilled Sebro discs (as mentioned above) so the Sebro part numbers and disc sizes I mentioned above are for Little Reds. I purchased my Sebro discs from Type 911 a few years ago but they are available from other Porsche parts suppliers too. I know nothing much about the Big Reds and drilled brake discs. If you wanted to try not drilled brake discs with the Big Reds, I think you could look for Porsche 928 GTS 322mm Front brake discs. I think the Porsche part numbers are 928.351.045.01 and 928.351.046.01. I think the Sebro part numbers are 205891C and 205892C. This is just for the 322mm not drilled Front discs. For the 299mm not drilled Rear discs, I assume the 299mm Rear discs I purchased (Sebro 205804) would fit. If you want drilled discs, I think you should look for Zimmermann rather than Sebro. This is not advice to be relied on, just suggestions from my own research. Someone with more relevant knowledge will no doubt be able to help more.

Comment

It’s so frustrating that the rear 299mm drilled discs can’t be found by Sebro, it’s so annoying!

I’m happy my genuine Audi drilled rear 299mm ones cleaned up nice, they were a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                      I will need front and rear soon enough, any links to buy them bud. I have big reds
                      Here is the Swedish retailer for Sebro. I think he has good prices! At the moment he search for those rear drilled 299mm Sebro discs, waiting on news

https://utzon.se/car/audi-rs2/wheels-brakes/

Comment

I have done some more research. I may be horribly wrong but I think I have found Porsche and Sebro part numbers for Audi RS2 rear brake discs, cross-drilled??? I believe these same rear discs are designed to fit as rear discs on the Porsche 968 with Option M030 and on the Porsche 964 RS. Please do your own research on this though. Porsche: 951-352-041-92; Sebro: 205840C. Type 911 seem to sell these Porsche discs (search for Product no. 3851 and/or 4786 on the Type 911 website) but other Porsche parts suppliers may sell them too. Type 911 seem to sell these Sebro discs (search for Product no. 9729 and/or 9730 on the Type 911 website) but other Porsche parts suppliers may sell them too. Please contact the supplier directly first though to double- and triple- check these are genuine and cross-drilled and of the correct dimensions and fit. If I am wrong, I am sorry for any misdirection but you must do and rely on your own research. I have just done multiple online searches to get to this point.

Comment

Actually, although the diameter and thickness and hole pattern of these discs look right, I think the hat height may be too high for the RS2. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JonRS2 View Post
                            Actually, although the diameter and thickness and hole pattern of these discs look right, I think the hat height may be too high for the RS2. Sorry.
                            I maybe wrong but I think someone on here did a side by side comparison shot of some Porsche brake disc which they thought was compatible with the RS2 . Unfortunately like you have mentioned the hat height was different aswell . Cant remember if they were for the front or rear though .

Comment

Hello! I have got some answers from the Sebro supplier here in Sweden. He told me that the size of the disc is the same for 944 Turbo 86.
                              I gave him the part nr on my rear drilled discs and he can order them for us (Cross drilled as my picture).

He gave me this link that gets you directly to the disc on his website, this is the correct disc for RS2 and also drilled like factory (Audi RS2 discs) according to him.
                              https://utzon.se/item/5909a0e5afe8034de3644efc

I compared the measures of a 944 Turbo 86 with the RS2 rear discs and the measures is the same.
                              I have not bought those discs myself yet, so if your buying and they don't fit please don't blame me. But i have those rear drilled discs on my car (according to part nr on my discs) and they fit and i drive the car right now

If you have questions he is very helpfull, Peter Utzon, Email: info@utzon.se
                              Last edited by s0_big; 18 May 2020, 16:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X