Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17Z adapters

Who supplies them please?

And also after adapters for the rear cayenne 4 pot brembos to go on the rear.

Cheers
    adam

Verkline had them but doesn't produce them any more because they can't get the bolts to secure them to the hub any more.
    I got the very last set of 18Z front brackets from them (uses the same bolts).

For my B4 sedan I designed my own brackets for the Cayenne rears + brembo (jaguar) mechanical handbrake calipers.

JW
    | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
    | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

Originally posted by struikie View Post
      Verkline had them but doesn't produce them any more because they can't get the bolts to secure them to the hub any more.

For my B4 sedan I designed my own brackets for the Cayenne rears + brembo (jaguar) mechanical handbrake calipers.

JW
      More likely, brakes are liability and thats why it was not offered for sale anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

Think you have a point there. No brakes related stuff on the Verkline website any more...
        Albert told me about the bolts himself though.

JW

Comment

Think you have a point there. No brakes related stuff on the Verkline website any more...
          Albert told me about the bolts himself though.

JW
          epytec.de might have something available.

as for the rear: alex from ultraperformance is the real deal, I would go with him.
          sigpic

Comment

I have been in contact with Epytec before and they quote 1200 - 1600 euro's for a custom set of rear brackets....
            Alex has some nice stuff indeed.

JW

Comment

Maybe if I ask nicely Albert may send me some without bolts .

I bought 18Z adapters from young timer motorsport a while ago, without realising I have 17Z callipers.
              so if anyones interested in buying them or swapping?

I looked on Alex’s website but they are 996 rear calipers?

Comment

Or alternatively If anyone could send me a cad drawing for beer tokens. Might be able to twist my friends arm into machining them for me.

Comment

JW

What discs did you use on the rear ?

Comment

I used the B6 300x22 discs. In hindsight I should have used discs that sit a little further inward.
                    Need low offset wheels (ET33) now because the caliper is quite close to the centre of the wheel.
                    Even the 330x22 S4 B8 discs would have given me more clearance to the spokes as
                    the caliper moves more towards the part where the wheel has more space behind the spokes.
                    Brake balance wise it still has al lot of front bias with 18Z 345mm front and 18Z 300mm rear.

JW
                    Last edited by struikie; 13 November 2021, 20:19.

Comment

Not sure this is correct, Did Alberts 18z brackets not use a counter sink bolt to mount to the hub as the bolt spacing overlapped slightly on 18Z calipers? The 17z brackets I bought from him mounted with standard socket head cap bolts with no overlap issues.

Something to note, 17z's also have a larger piston area than some of the 18z's. If you're planning on putting 4 pots on the rear and 17z's your MC might struggle a bit as thats a big jump from a standard set up.
                      I changed from 17z's to 18z's when I did 4 pots on the rear to bring it back to closer to standard and still had a decent pedal, admitedly I didn't drive it with the 17z's so can't comment on the pedal but I do remember spending a bit of time doing the maths behind it.

I still have the mounts for the 17z's if the OP is interested in them.

Comment

I have a b7 brake booster to go on with Alex’s conversio kit. yes im interested in them, what discs do they suit ?

Comment

Originally posted by adampug11 View Post
                          I have a b7 brake booster to go on with Alex’s conversio kit. yes im interested in them, what discs do they suit ?
                          Perfect.

I honestly can't remember, defo 345s. I was trying to fit a set of futuras at the same time so played about with a couple of discs, A8s and Merc ML to try and get the caliper as inboard as much as I could. Maybe one of the other guys who run Alberts mounts could advise?

Comment

I have a ML disc here as per Alberts recommendation, can you PM me price etc.
                            cheers

Comment

It's been a while but did these got sold? I'm currently looking for 17z adapters

Comment

Working...
                              X