Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 standard brake recomendations

Hi,
    doing a bit of a resto on a 95 ABY S2 and am looking to source some brake discs, pads and braided brake hoses.
    Will be sticking to standard fitment for the moment, but would probably make sense to upgrade to a fast road set up.

Any recomandation for which brands I should be looking for (or avoiding), and would prefer a UK based supplier to avoid having to pay import duties

EBC red stuff for pads, good performance and no dust!

Comment

As Bowies says above EBC Red Stuff pads are excellent.

I you want something more along the lines of OE, Mintex are very good.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Ive tried all sorts of discs and pads over the years and have had a revelation recently...

Ive tried ATE, Brembo, Textar, EBC discs mainly with pads from same brand. All have been substandard and ended up vibrating while on the brakes at one point or another and strangley corroding really badly on the inside face well before they have worn enough to change. Half of the swept area always ended up with a thick uneven crust of polished rust.

Fed up with poor service from premium brands, i now have Febi Bilstein discs on my cq20v and they have been totally spot on for 6 month's 'enthusiastic' use now. (Using textar pads with them)

Not a fast road set up by any means but i reckon a pad set from EBC would improve the set up for your wishes and, the price per disc was around half of what was meant to be a better product!

Comment

To be clear, I just use EBC pads on, probably, pagid discs -which I don't see excessive rust from.

Never tried EBC discs, and to be honest I wasn't aware they did them for our cars.

Comment

HEL brake lines all day long

Comment

Check for sale thread Tractor dave is selling some lines

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                Check for sale thread Tractor dave is selling some lines
                They sold
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks for the replies guy, I have gone for cheap Pagit discs, EBC Redstuff pads and Proline braided lines.

The car probably won't see much of the road during the winter, so I think there is a good chance of the discs rusting up when it is not being used, but at £9 each from Euro Car Parts they can be replaced every other week.

If the cheap discs can't handle heavy braking then they will be replaced with better quality discs for the summer, and the cheap ones fitted over the winter.

Comment

£9? From where? They look like £90 for the pair on ECP.

Comment

They were having another one of their "sales" but looks like it has finished now. I think they were listed at £16 each with 40% off so ended up £9 each, rears were listed at £28 each after the discount was applied. I think I should have bought a couple of sets now.

2 104440518 Pagid Brake Disc (Front) £32.98
                      2 104440108 Pagid Brake Disc (Rear) £101.98
                      Subtotal £134.96
                      Discount -£60.74
                      Delivery Charges ( DHL - Two to Four Working Days ) £5.95
                      Total (inc VAT): £80.17

Comment

Working...
                      X