C4 brakes on B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 brakes on B4

Has anyone tried fitting Girling G60 calipers from a C4 on B4? I know the bleed nipple position is inverted because of the position of the caliper, but can you switch them left to right? Will this influence braking? Or you must bleed them before mounting them and then it will be no issue? Will the brake hose be long enough?
    Sorry for the load of questions and thanks in advance !
    Last edited by Xtremer; 19 July 2022, 13:02.

The G60 calipers have different bore sizes. 42mm and 44mm I think. If you mount those calipers upside down you could get very odd pad wear. Just my tuppence worth.

Comment

Yep, I did read a bit about this. Probably I'll have to bleed them while holding them in my hand with a big block of wood put in there and then screw it in place.
      This picture explains it nicely.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What's the benefit of C4 calipers?

Comment

None. I just found them for cheap in a good condition. Thought i could put them to good use. I'll have to see the brake hose compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 5cylinderman View Post
            The G60 calipers have different bore sizes. 42mm and 44mm I think. If you mount those calipers upside down you could get very odd pad wear. Just my tuppence worth.
            dia is 40 and 45 mm

Comment

C4 Calipers are a large single pot, they're Girling 57's. Some folk in the T3 camper world use them as an upgrade.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Probably. But i got them from a urs6. They're the girling g60 dual calipers (40 and 45mm pistons). I would happily trade them for b4 girling g60.

Comment

Working...
                X