Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skidmarks when running with ABS.....

Oh dear,
    Fitted a sensor onto the front n/s and my light goes out, wayhey!

press pedal to respond to sherpa with the anchors on at 30, and my abs boings like zebedee and i have to take the scenic route past the sherpa albeit on the grass by the road side.

Brakes work at normal road speed, but WELL dodgy at traffic work, then the abs light comes on and the brakes can avoid sherpas again.

Any ideas folks?

You've not gapped the sensor correctly.
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

How do you "gap" the sensor? I have a new one to fit soon and could do with some pointers...

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

maybe you pushed it to close , i think u must pull it out arround 2mm

Comment

From memory on sensors ive fitted to Bosch cars before its something like 1.2mm or similar.
          Also some sensors are handed and if fitted to the wrong side of the car this can confuse the ABS.
          'If you ain't broke it you ain't trying hard enough'

Oh sh*t i broke it

94 S2 Homefried Decatted Slipperwagon,QRS Top Mounts,Ally Subframe bushes,Poly ARB & Wishbone bushes,RS2 ARB's,Koni & H&R's,Cupra Brembo's and 312mm discs

Comment

I'll tap it in a couple of mill more then. Thanks all.
            I had an 83 1.9 audi coupe once and it was fun but boaty and slow, but had long legs.

These s2's are fun( I've had lots of cars...), and the best bit is I can go quickly and quietly to where I fancy, and almost noone knows that the car is a bit special.

So far I have only seen one other, and it looked very similar to mine. It was in westbury, Shropshire last week. A dark blue avant. So, fo me its one spotted, and counting.
            I'll do a meet at some point and say hello.

Bernie

Comment

Working...
            X