996 non turbo calipers & 323X30 rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 996 non turbo calipers & 323X30 rotors

I know the 996 non turbo calipers will work with the 314X30 A8 rotors with RS2 carriers. But these rotors are hard to find in the states and carry a premium. Will the 323X30 A8 rotors work with the 996 non turbo calipers and RS2 carriers?
    The overall depth of the rotor of the rotor is the same, it is just 9mm larger in diameter. Only 4.5mm in radius. Seems like they would work.

Any one tried this setup?

The 323X30 rotors are readily available in the states.

Greg
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Greg, i will be using these disks, they will work with RS2 brackets if you use 4.5mm of spacers, im making my own brackets to suit.

martin

Comment

This caliper is only designed to fit a 28mm thick disc.
      To enable it to fit the 30mm thick disc you will need to machine (grind, hammer) 1mm off the length of each pin. The pin is the part the pad sits on.
      Hope that helps
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

Thank you gentlemen,
        I have a pair of 314X30 Zimmermans coming out of Canada. I will use them to start with. I will fit them up and see if 4.5mm will allow me to still use my 16 inch wheels. I hope they will, because 323s are easier to get.

Martin do you think the pads will still cover the entire rotor sweep area on the 323s?

Corey, thanks for reminding me about the pin height. I have to remember to do that when I do the fit up.

Greg
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Greg, theres about 4mm of disk not covered by the pad, cant see that being a problem.

martin

Comment

Corey,

I think 996 front rotors are 322x32mm so their calipers are made to work with 32mm and not 28mm.
            Same rotor size as old 993 turbo and boxster S.

Rafael
            94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

I measured the disk thickness on a friends 996 Carrera 4 this weekend following comments about the 996 disk only being 28mm thick. I measured it as 32mm original thickness.

His car had the turbo body and red calipers and so I don't know if his brakes were turbo spec. Maybe thicker disks?

993 carrera 2 (1994) disk size is 304mm x 32mm I have one in my shed. I don't imagine Porsche would go to 322/3mm and drop the thickness.

The plot thickens.

D.

Comment

I stand corrected said the man in the orthapedic shoes!

The disk I measured was on a big brake upgrade 996. The calipers were red and very Big. That is why the disk was 32mm.

Alistair C is correct when he said the disk was 28 mm thick.

David

Comment

Working...
                X