S4 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S4 brakes

Does anyone know if standard B5 S4 prefacelift discs/calipers would fit an S2?
    I have been offered some cheap, obviously the Porsche setup would be better, but if the S4 was improved then it could be a good stop gap solution.
    He thinks the discs are ~320mm, would these fit under standard 16" Avus wheels?

Anyone?
    My mate has now fitted his RS4 upgrade and has a set of B5 S4 calipers for sale, if I could use these on the S2 it would be perfect.
    Wheel size is not a problem anymore

Comment

No they won't fit, you'd have to go even more custom than the porsche route and it's definately not worth it! S4 brakes aren't particularly great anyhow.
      '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

The only way is to strip one side and see if it lines up ok ..Have you the measurements for the holes that bolt on to the stub axles see if it is the same as S2 ..
        93 S2 Avant Parting
        91 URQ RR
        02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Any upgrade has to be better than standard!
          They would be nice and cheap, certainly cheaper than 996 calipers... which is a good thing for me
          They run 321mm discs standard, you cant knock that compared to the standard S2 crap surely

Comment

Nice and cheap maybe, but not cheap once you've made custom brackets to fit them on.

Comment

Thats why I asked if they would go straight on, or use an RS2 carrier for example!?
              He has now measured them, it seems they are 120mm between the centres of the bolt holes.
              From what I can work out, the standard S2 ones are 100mm?
              Does anyone know what the RS2 ones are off hand?

Comment

The Porsche (RS2) calipers are bolted to the RS2 bracket through the bottom of the caliper at right angles to the strut. The Twin piston S4 calipers are face mounted to the caliper carrier on the strut if you get my meaning. You WILL need completely custom brackets to mount these calipers!

Comment

Anyone got pictures of both setups to compare?
                  UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Are we talking about the Lucas HP2 caliper here ?

If so - thats a monstrous big heavy thing - I did try them on my S2 for size years ago, but quickly figured the custom brackets required wouldn't be worth it. When you feel the weight of one of those HP2 monsters compared to a 996 mono there is only one conclusion to come to...

PAul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Think it is A4 style calipers he is relating to Paul
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

No idea which they are, they are from a prefacelift B5 S4.
                        He said they have 4 pads, and from the pic the look huge!

It sounds like its a non starter, which isnt a problem, Ill go for 996.
                        Was just hoping on the offchance they were ok as its a give away price

Comment

Working...
                        X