ABS unit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS unit question

Does anyone here have a hydraulic circuit of the ABY S2 brake system especially the internal circuit of the ABS unit. I need to investigate fitting a twin master cylinder to my braking circuits and I don't want to throw away the ABS as it is the best gadget on the car. I'd rather fit twin cylinders than put pressure limiting devidces in the system when the monster rears go on. I need something easily adjustable bias-wise for setting it up properly with new suspension.

Thanks in advance

Lee
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

:eek2: Good luck in finding that mate. I have no information on internal circuits of the ABS modulator. Oh and BTW, you cant get rid of it, as your car was fitted with it std, it must be there and working for the MoT!! Not sure how to get around that. Try taking to Bosch! (Like they will help, they hate helping us unless we pay them mega bucks a year, which we do)

What is the ABS system on the ABY? Is it 2EH? From memory the 3B uses 2E. Maybe there is some info in one of our ABS books at work, will look tomorrow mate.

HTH
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Cheers Tom, I am not sure what the ABY system is. Does it say on the unit somewhere? I need to understand the hydraulic system to be able to successfully implement a proper brake balance system. You guys don't check the split setup during an MOT do you? What is the system split as standard? Triangular? Production cars don't use a straight front to rear split do they?? I would like to see how the brake modulation is performed inside the ABS unit on the brake circuits.

Thanks mate

Lee
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Brake split does come into MoT, but only in terms of brake performance. If the brakes are dual circuit then the handbrake doesnt have to work as well, 16% instead of 25%. But on the S2 as its 4WD you have to take it on the road with a decel. tool to measure brake effecfiency (? spelling LOL)

Thats not gonna be a problem on the Audi. So the split doesnt really matter. Im sure the modulation is just a case of opening and shuting a valve. Will try and find out. TXT me in the day to remind me!
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Split on quattros is always front / rear
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Lee, I have a very comprehensive Bosch brake book, I will look in there to see if there is any info.

David

Comment

Working...
            X