Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Warning Light

Hi all,

I have just replaced a sticking caliper (rear o/s) this weekend with a re-conditioned one - has stopped my brake sticking. Only problem is - the brake warning light comes on as normal when the engine is started but doesn't go out when the brake is pressed.
    Anybody any ideas?
    Thanks
    Paul

Is that the yellow warning light, or the red one?
    If it's the red one, it's a "hydraulic fluid" low level - could be either your brake fluid or your PAS fluid, or the dreaded bomb.
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

It's the yellow warning light - it's in german on mine - is this the same on evryones?? - i think it says 'brems licht'. This is the one that comes on when the engine starts but goes off when the brake pedal is pressed for the first time and everything is OK. On mine it just stays on - brakes feel fine. Brake fluid was topped up when finished fitting caliper and bleeding.

Comment

Brems licht is brake light - see if yours are working.
        1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
        2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
        2006 Misano Red RS4
        2004 VW Touareg V8
        2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
        2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

On my ABY Avant the yellow sign lights up every time.

It will go out either if I press the brake pedal or after about 1 min or so of driving....

If its this one then check your brake lights....if its red then check your visa card.....

Comment

Originally posted by Michel

If its this one then check your brake lights....if its red then check your visa card.....

Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

cheers everyone - its the yellow light, not the red one. Problem identified - bulb blown - thought was something worse having messed with the brakes earlier.

Comment

Working...
              X