No announcement yet.

Slide Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brake pad carrier has now been discontinued by Girling and is only available to buy via Audi or a supplier who sells OEM parts.

If the head of the guide pin fits a 17mm spanner, then it's the same as the S2 ones.
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

cheers mike. i'll check tomorrow
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Single piston front caliber carrier pins are the same thickness as G60, but they are some 10-15mm shorter. I've only seen G60 pins for sale separately in some US webshop, can't find them anymore.

Comment

thanks mate. that saves a lot of messing around. Plan shot down in flames though. damn.

David - might be worth trying this bloke to see if he would send you the pins
          http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...ostid=47478236
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

or maybe this lot can help? can't find the pins on the site but worth an email
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Top is a S2 G60 Slide and the one below is from a Audi 2.3 coupe
              sigpic

Comment

The same diameter pins but shorter than G60 pins I refered to were from carriers from 200 not coupe, my mistake. But I still think that is the only same diameter pin as in G60 available unless there is same size pins in some A4/A6 carriers or Girlings in some other make than Audi. I haven't found one.

Comment

I wonder if the shorter pins would work i will work out the travel, but i think that i have found a set of 3 in the states just waiting for a price. If i get them anyone else with a problem can have a spare from me.

Thanks to the IT bloke from Glasgow who's intrested in monkeys and badgers for the link
                  sigpic

Comment

haha. I had to think about that until I remembered my profile. It was a slow day at work so I spent my time looking for g60 pins and flights from Glasgow to Finland. less luck with the flights.
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                    X