Interesting ABS related finding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting ABS related finding

Since i did the 5 stud hub swap last week on my CQ, i've not had any rear ABS sensors in because i ended up destroying them trying to get them out of my old hubs.

The ABS was randomly triggering, and not the safest situation to have with your brakes So i removed the two relays inside the ABS unit housing itself.

Since then, my brake pedal has felt much much firmer and mroe positive

Before i reomved the ABS relays, i had a spongy but effective pedal and I'd thought there was no doubt some air left in my lines since i fitted braided lines a few weeks ago, but hadn't bothered bleeding again because i'm fitting some refurbished front calipers in the next week or so, i thought i'd do it then one and for all.

Since i've totally disabled the ABS, my pedal is much much firmer - any ideas why?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Be a little careful. Mihnea had rather an interesting incident when he disabled his ABS. Swapping ends at 100+mph isn't the healthiest thing I can think ok
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

what happened there?!

i've removed both relays to disable the pump, i hope thats going to be ok?! I have the switcheable ABS so i thought that must be all that the switch did anyway?

I'm scared now!! Cheers Andy
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Hummmmm...

Dont think the 4wd has a brake balance valve like on 2wd cars, the abs does it all...

You be going careful there bouy...
        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

I'll be digging for ABS sensors on sat morning mate. hopefully have you sorted quickly.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

I'll still be bringing those two up with me when I come up ok mate

along with all the other stuff for you

Gonna have to start charging for a van to bring all your gear up.

Comment

Ah - do you not need my sensors now Alex? Has Peter sorted you out?
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

yes mate, sorry forgot to mention to you Noel. Pete has sorted me out.. or will.

Pete - i can get you a pork pie and a copy of the sport to go on your dash if you like?
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Lol its a deal if you can get me a cap like mr casey's avatar

I'll have to chat with you next week about everything i've got to bring up to you. Just so I don't forget everything this time, still suppose its one way of lowering the car till the h&r's are fitted

Comment

Hahaha yeah, hopefully that diff in the back won't be too much to control since you've got the only RWD S2 i the world as far as i can tell

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                    Dont think the 4wd has a brake balance valve like on 2wd cars, the abs does it all...

You be going careful there bouy...
                    That might make sence Carlos, its ok i've not been going mad as my alignment is way out after the hub swap anyway I've not really broken 50mph since then
                    I need to free up my tie rods this weekend so i can book it in for 4 wheel alignment asap, blow torch and GT85 at the ready!!
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

No worries mate. takes the pressure off me if i'm sitting with holes in my hands and crying cos I can't get them out.
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                          Lol its a deal if you can get me a cap like mr casey's avatar
                          Hey, I did that to the Orificer's avatar because A) the Stig he ain't and B) he is just a Chav at heart.

I never thought he would actually adopt it, so please don't go posting things like that or he'll start thinking it's actually cool

Cheers n

Si
                          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

It's all your fault Si. Best leave me alone and go bait some Avant owners. I know I'm not the stig, it was a laugh from the Donington track day that you should have come to play on
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                            X