Quick Q regarding RS2 Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Q regarding RS2 Calipers

Are the RS2 Calipers a str8 fit onto a S2 with RS2 Brackets?
    Coupe

Im sure that they are but i also think that you need the larger disks too?
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

The standard RS2 caliper is designed for a 304 x 32mm disk. The S2 is 274 x 25 or 22 mm I think. The A8 disk will fit I believe 314 x 30mm. you can fit a spacer (5MM) to allow for the extra diameter or machine the disks down to 304mm ( they will need to be balanced again afterwards if the edge is machined for balance.

David

Comment

Stupid question following on from Stick Insects offer to have custom Disks made up in another brake thread...

Why don't we just get a group buy of RS2 sized disks with the S2 PCD in them made up and fit all the other parts from RS2 brake set to an S2?????

Have I missed something obvious?

If I were to plan a brake upgrade, (which I am in the back of my mind) I would like all the standard Audi RS2 Parts on my car with custom disks to fit....

Or is it not that simple?????

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hi Steve, the front disks as standard on the RS2 is 304 x 32mm. This would not suit many people. The rears are XXXmm x 24mm thick ( IIRC). the RS2 used Porsche disks which has the handbrake as shoes inside the rear disk. This makes the disks a bit of a funny shape for the standard cars. The hat height would probably not suit and I feel the offset of the wheel/hub would be out as well.

I think........

I've been looking at other disk options today and will report back when I have something firm. ( Matron!)

David

Comment

The disc would need to be custom built with the 304x32mm dimensions with an Audi S2 centre hat. This would bolt straight on.

Problem is that the A8 discs are so cheap, custom discs are not cost effective
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

@ Mike. Yes that is what I was getting at.

So, machining an A8 disk for RS2 Front Brake set up is the way forward?

Cheers,

Steve.

@ David - I was not thinking of the rear brakes at all, and you are quite right, a royal pain in the *** on a Coupe....
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

i am using rs2 callipers and a8 disks, works fine
                Attached Files
                ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
                2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
                2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
                2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
                kostic.nu

Comment

Working...
                X