Stranger than strange break pressure accumulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranger than strange break pressure accumulator

So, a fair while ago I had my faulty ‘bomb’ replaced by a second hand 'bomb', purchased from Allaudi. My luck being the way that it is, the second hand 'bomb' was also faulty. Then, due to a combination of laziness and a busy schedule, I passed the 3 month guarantee given by Allaudi and therefore was lumbered with the dodgy ‘bomb’. For months I drove round with this blooming thing – flashing light on the dash, break pedal juddering every time I touched it… and at 1 point in time, when I hit the brake hard, no reaction (change of underwear was needed!)

Anyways, to get to the point - the other day (Sunday) when I got into the car and started it up, MIRACULOUSLY the problem had gone… No flashing light on the dash, no brake judder, perfect feel to the pedal when I hit the brakes etc. I had driven it earlier that day and the problem was defo still there. It just disappeared when I re-started after a short drive.

Can anyone possibly explain this??? I haven’t driven the car since then, and am gonna try it when I get home later tonight – fingers crossed the problem has somehow disappeared.

Aint the S2 a strange car – problems appear out of nowhere, and then sooner or later they miraculously disappear! When I first got my car I had a MAJOR water leak in the rear passenger quarter, which also miraculously disappeared (and I know some others in here had the same thing happen to them). Strange, strange, strange, strange, strange……

You lucky lucky bahstid

What we wouldn't give to have all our S2 problems and niggles miraculously cured on a Sunday afternoon.

If there *really* is a God (of whatever variety) then your hydraulic tappets will be silenced, your leaky hoses fixed and that 'orrible goo in the ventilation system will disappear by itself.

Nice one m8y -

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Well, I'll know just how lucky I am tonight when I try the car again.

Just a crying shame that the A/C, when I needed it the most, didnt decide to fix itself too!

Oh well, can't ask for the world, can I!

Paul, or anyone else, any idea as to why this may have happened to the bomb??? Really weird!!!

Comment

quote:
        Aint the S2 a strange car – problems appear out of nowhere, and then sooner or later they miraculously disappear!

Wish my leaky valve stem seals would fix themselves!

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Screw me, this car really does baffle me.

Got into it late last night to drop a friend home. Was just waiting for the 'bomb' to play up after it had miraculosly fixed itself the previos day. Kept fingers crossed, turned the ignition... "YES" no flashing light No brake judder Perfect feel Wooooh hooooooh

Then, having watched The Matrix Re-loaded (top film) earlier that night, (in particular having watched the highway chase scene), I was in the mood to totally test the car out. And for the 1st time in a long long while it drove like a dream - the power was back, I could hear the turbo kick in, and the brakes worked!

I really dont understand this car....

But seriously though, the brake pressure accumulator thingy - can it just be that it is now SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ******ed that the light just doesnt bother to come on any more, the judder has gone away because...because...well I dont know why but there has to be a constructive reason why this has happened?!?!?!

If not, Im not gonna complain

(PS. Paul N Im gonna try to bell you later this week about the tappits and pipes)

Comment

Given your hydraulic system ran the wrong fluid for who knows how long (and you'll never know what was in the replacement bomb) that the bomb and or servo could have been partially damaged by the use of the wrong fluid for so long. Maybe an internal component just stuck I guess ????

How many pedal pumps now (with the engine off) until the servo is empty - when the pedal goes rock hard ?

Presumably something internal to the bomb or servo has just been cured or unstuck - maybe as a result of ambient heat lately. Who knows - it's very bizarre indeed...

I'll send you a parts list hopefully by end of the week and then we can fix up a date for additional corrective surgery

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hmmm. Gonna have to pray for the god of resprays to visit my car.

I'll sacrifice a couple of buckets of KFC and slice the throat of a BK double baconburger thingy (nearer to a cow than McDonalds' efforts) before daubing my face with red colourmagic T-Cut in tribal stripes and stripping to my grey Y fronts (with optional yellow and brown 'go faster' stripes) and dancing around the car in the wind and the rain.

After I get home from the local nick for disturbing the peace and the pneumonia wears off, hopefully the bonnet, doors, wing mirrors and roof will be resprayed and gleaming.

Gonna take a bit more to sort the boot spoiler out - where's the neighbours cat that keeps crapping in my garden....?

Alps - glad to see you finally got *some* joy out of the car, mate. There is always a bright side to everything - yours is that you got the car cheap, and haven't spent thousands (sorry, tharzands - you are from darn sarth) fixing the fooker.

Reckon I'm on 20k in 3 years of ownership so far, including buying the thing :S - the bright side is, it's cheaper than buying a Porsche

*sob*

*fingers crossed 4 u m8*

Paul J
              'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Paul

You OK m8 :wacked: I don't like the sound of grey Y fronts (with optional yellow and brown 'go faster' stripes).

Last night I was bored so I totted up my running total so far in 11 months and I have spent about £1800 which includes the new brakes, turbo job, one service, one general check (smoke problem), Decat pipes and an oil change plus some other stuff. :nana:

I have PM'd you to ask a favour. I would have emailed you but I lost your address in my recent meltdown of emails.

Cheers

Leigh

PS Pride comes before a fall so here's waiting for my car to explode!!
                Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Leigh - u got mail - the 'private messages' I expected to flash or show up or stick 2 fingers up at me, but ... nothing.
                  'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Working...
                  X