URS4 UFO replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS4 UFO replacement

HI all, ive done a search but never found the info im after, so here it goes.

ive got a 92 URS4 Avant with those horrid ufo discs on the front. ive been given a complete front leg/suspension/brake setup off a '96 A6 2.8 V6 Quattro. i think they are 288mm discs. im not a boy racer so i dont need massive braking power.

my question is if i swap these over but retain my current shocks will it all be ok?

in an ideal world id be able to afford the HP2 setup but funds arnt allowing that.

Thanks

Dan
    '89 B3 Coupe 2.3E Auto / Gone
    '92 S4 Avant Auto / Gone
    '92 80 B4 Saloon 2.0 Auto / Gone
    '93 80 B4 Tdi Avant - Daily
    '96 A4 B5 1.9Tdi SE Auto Saloon / Gone
    '97 A4 2.8 V6 Quattro Saloon / Gone
    '97 VW T4 LWB Hightop Camper

Changing the struts is the only EASY way to banish the UFO brakes. Normally, you would want to swap in later UrS4 or UrS6 struts, rotors, calipers, etc. Your suggestion would be okay (but a poor okay). You might be able to reuse the shocks but only if they are the right diameter to fit in the A6 strut tubes.
    Last edited by UrS4boy; 20 October 2008, 14:41.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Ermm. There are different D2 brake kits available for bolt on to UFO strut. There are also other bolt-on options available, that use cheaper parts. Yes, you need to modify hub to accommodate A8 brake disks with all options, and some options make wheel selection even harder than UFO parts. B5 S4 brakes can be adapted quite easily to UFO strut for example

D2/xyz/k-racing kits look nice, are big and shiny, but spareparts cost arm and leg (disc I found for it, £500, each).

B5 RS4 brakes can also be used, but these are mainly for 18" wheel sizes.

Everything isn't bolt-on, but from what I have seen on this forum, there should be people capable to help you with brakets and such
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Working...
      X