X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes setup in 16" rims

hello Kitty¡¡

for the moment i have the oem 16" 3b rims...and for me they are enough

about front brake options... i have 303x30 ventilated discs already mounted with Mercedes Benz 2 pistons calipers and they feels much better than "oem" 276x25 girling 60

and now.. for rear brake options...i have the "stupids" 245x10 oem brakes...and i am thinking that its the hour to upgrade it.

more or less i know something about the threads for "S4 B5" rear brakes... and other option is just this :

in Spain i know a man who have for sale a 286mm ventilated rear discs and 304 mm ventilated discs too ( for our audi cars of course) in 5x112... the calippers will be 4 pistons and the brakes trademark " K-Sport"

someone had an experience with it??? the price for the 286 option is 890€ and for 304 is 990€. in both options we will lose the handbrake... but...surelly in overall much better braking feel.

aniway the same man has for sale 2 handbrake options like "line lock" or "hidraulic handbrake" like the WRC price for bot around 200€..discounted inclusive.

my main questions can be if i will go for the 304mm ventilated rear discs with 4 pistons calipers... and my actuall 303 front brake 2 pistons calipers...if my car will be dangerous..because normally all cars have heavyer and better front brake setup...and with my supposed setup i will have more or less the same braking power...
    my car will be crazy whem i will touch the brake????

i need some help about it because i dont know nothing about brakes...
    Last edited by Rocco; 30 October 2008, 23:46.
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

no one can tell me nothing about it or some experince???

Comment

Rocco, Javispa está mirando eso en otro post que hay por hay. BUSCA!

PD: excuse me, I´dont know how say this in english
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
        Rocco, Javispa está mirando eso en otro post que hay por hay. BUSCA!

PD: excuse me, I´dont know how say this in english
        Javispa is looking for the possible S4b5 REAR BRAKE SETUP..buy me for the moment no. my main option for the moment its try to get the k-sport rear setup in 304x28 ventilated discs...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          my car will be crazy whem i will touch the brake????
          DON'T use front calipers at the rear. They have huge pistons, and due to master cylinder design - you car will be like with handbrake only (no front brakes). I mean rear will be locking BEFORE front actually starts braking.

Car will be dangerous, and will stop like train. Some ppl used small front calipers at the rear (in audi S3, used golf calipers or something), and huge front porsche ones in the front. Even with proportioning valve - it was still non stopper.

The only occasion when you may run fronts on the rear - when you are using twin (racing) master cylinder and have everything adjustable. Then you take benefits of larger caliper and don't kill yourself.

But for that - you need racing pedals, etc.

Sau
          200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
          CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw View Post
            DON'T use front calipers at the rear. They have huge pistons, and due to master cylinder design - you car will be like with handbrake only (no front brakes). I mean rear will be locking BEFORE front actually starts braking.

Car will be dangerous, and will stop like train. Some ppl used small front calipers at the rear (in audi S3, used golf calipers or something), and huge front porsche ones in the front. Even with proportioning valve - it was still non stopper.

The only occasion when you may run fronts on the rear - when you are using twin (racing) master cylinder and have everything adjustable. Then you take benefits of larger caliper and don't kill yourself.

But for that - you need racing pedals, etc.

Sau

thank you very much for all the info

aniway the calipers for rear brakes are not "front calipers" they are calipers for rear brake setup

look at this link and wacht " brakes for 16" " there are front and rear setups

http://www.k-sportracing.com/

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13798
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
              X