brake pad's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pad's

Hi folk's newbie here my s2 2 pot caliper's need new dust seal's any one no where to get some from and price also i need new pad's as well?

Audi will do a service kit. Someone might know the part number. GSF do Pagid pads. HTH
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

maybe a good time to look at an upgrade to 4 porsche stuff.

Comment

Sorry should've said there for my golf.

Comment

Seal kit part number is 447 698 471. You will need two kits to do a pair of calipers. They retail at £19.67 + VAT each but there are on a good code so give your local parts guy some stick and see what he'll do them for. I reckon around £15 + VAT each would be about on the money.

Genuine pads are silly money. 895 698 151 B, retail at £75.66 + VAT. Again there is decent discount code on them but you'd probably still be looking at £50 + VAT. As suggested above give GSF a go.

Ben
          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Yeah, the Pagid TQ pads were £30 a few years ago. Pretty poor performance though so I'd be tempted to look for some DS2500 or Mintex Ctech 1144 pads instead.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

why not get some greenstuff or red stuff pads?

90 20v sport uses g60's so can get greenstuff

Comment

Not had great experience of Green Stuffs myself but that was a while ago.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

on the corrado i warped a set of discs with green stuff in no time.
                  i then used turbo groove discs and they were very good.

when the turbo grooves were out i changed to a wilwood superlite 4 pot kit with 310mm discs. they worked good when warm.

i got red stuff on the S2 with the 6 pots. seem pretty good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by goodall View Post
                    why not get some greenstuff or red stuff pads?

90 20v sport uses g60's so can get greenstuff
                    I had redstuff front and greenstuff rear on my RS2 (former owners mistake). Absolute trash, would not bite at all when cold. Amazing that they are road legal at all. Swapping for Ferodo DS2500 made a difference that is simply ridiculous. DS2500 is the best pad out there.
                    Search the forum for EBC pads, they've got a most horrible reputation.
                    1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                    1994 80E Avant
                    1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

a horrible reputation doesn't make them bad. yes they used to be poor but the newer mixes are a lot better. a lot of good products would go by the wayside if they were not given a second chance with new compounds.

agreed DS2500 are great pads but in all honesty they were double the cost of the reds in my 6 pots. i have no issues with stoppping with the red stuff i use. in fact i look for people running in the back of me.

whos to say the former owner didn't mix and match along the way killing the surface of both disc and pad.

if anything they can be a bit aggressive on the discs can ebc. very low dust levels as expected.

Comment

Please note...

Ferodo do not do a DS2500 pad for the twin pot g60 caliper as fitted to the 20v cars.

BTDT...
                        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

I know redstuff and greenstuff have raised some passion on the forum. Anyone tried the newer yellowstuff which is advertised as giving redstuff performance without being useless when cold?

John

Comment

Working...
                          X