No announcement yet.

Recommendations for brake refurbishers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for brake refurbishers?

Err... title says the main bit really. My calipers (from a 993 turbo) need refurbing - replace and clean out the spring plates (which are starting to lift from muck and corrosion underneath), check and replace seals as required, touch up some paint/lacquer, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good individual or company who could do this for me?

Ta, Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Rob, (GT500) is your man!!!

Comment

Why dont you do it by yourself?
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
        Why dont you do it by yourself?
        Lack of time and lack of tools. I don't even have a socket set or brake bleed kit, let alone torque wrench, blowtorch or dremel.

Ck.
        Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

too bad, it is fun
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
            too bad, it is fun
            And increasingly tempting given the amazing hourly rate some garages seem to charge these days.

Ck.

Comment

I have 3/4 of a bottle of Brembo seal conditioning fluid going cheap(ish) if you need it.
              the seals are mighty expensive - new dust boots and seals cost me £100
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X