Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size disk with fit porsche calipers

Hi

I have porsche calipers which normally come with 314 mm large and 30 mm thick disks (at least that what i think).

What minimum size would work with they porsche calipers? Would 300 mm work? would 25mm thick work?

The reason why im asking is my audi 90 has 4x108. And i looking to use volvo s60 disk with the size 305 mm and 30 mm thick. Would this fit? And will rs2 bracket still work?

Which calipers? RS2? 996 Monoblocks?

Comment

focus rs disk is 324 and st is 300, these of course are for mk1 focus and therefore 4x108

other thing is use the same disks as used by s2 owners and just redrill them using an other disc as a template, since the holes arent used as anything other than for places bolts go through, then the the friction (which is being increased due the clamping force of the bolts) between the metals conducts the torque

Comment

i have porsche monoblocks i dont really know weither is 996 or 993.

The ford focus disc are max 28 mm en min.26 mm thick. Would this work with the porsche calipers?

Does any one know weither a 305 mm disc will work with porsche calipers?

Should normal rs2 brackets fit the porsche monoblock on my audi 90 typ 89.

Comment

Well both of you wash your mouths for using the word ford ...

The S2 set up is usually , hat height is 60mm, 314 x 30mm (A8 disc) and rs2 brackets

I have 993 calipers on mine
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

"The S2 set up is usually , hat height is 60mm, 314 x 30mm (A8 disc) and rs2 brackets

I have 993 calipers on mine"

@Knight Rider S4

Just to clarify, does this mean the standard "small red" RS2 caliper with its RS2 bracket works with an unmodified 314mm A8 disc, or does one have to alter the A8 disc?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
              "The S2 set up is usually , hat height is 60mm, 314 x 30mm (A8 disc) and rs2 brackets

I have 993 calipers on mine"

@Knight Rider S4

Just to clarify, does this mean the standard "small red" RS2 caliper with its RS2 bracket works with an unmodified 314mm A8 disc, or does one have to alter the A8 disc?

Thanks.
              No they don't bracket is the same calipers are different

Rs2 calipers need 304mm disks where as the 996 can take 314, 323 disks

For a 996 to take smaller disk the caliper has to be machined.

See the 996 by Alastair C

Comment

@ jamo : For a 996 to take smaller disk the caliper has to be machined.

So if i understand correctly a 305 mm would not fit. And probably a 324 mm disk would fit? Any idea about the thickness they disk at least needs to have to work with the porsche calipers.

Another question: Does anybody know how i can see which calipers i have? i cant find a part number on them..

Comment

ive been doing some more research about to use whick disk. I think that the disk from audi 100 s4 (=314 mm ) will be the best choice.

The normaal audi version wont work because it has 10 bolt holes and that gives the problem i cant redrill it to 4x108. So ive been looking towards audi 100 s4 disks from zimmermann. If im correct these disc have only 5 bolt holes and 1 or 2 little holes. This would leave much more space for redrilling to 4x108.

I hope to get my answer about the number of bolt holes within 2 day's so lets hope im correct.

Does any one know or my porsche calipers would fit on my audi 90 sedan with rs2 brackets??

I dont exactly know what calipers i have . On top of them stands only the letter S and in the inside stands 90 with beneath 20.4564.00 . It are big black steal monoblocks.

Comment

I have had mail from Zimmermann the audi 100 S4 disks they sell have 5 bolt holes. So that should leave enough space to redrill.

Is there any who has redrill disks before?

Comment

Originally posted by goinginzane View Post
                      I have had mail from Zimmermann the audi 100 S4 disks they sell have 5 bolt holes. So that should leave enough space to redrill.

Is there any who has redrill disks before?
                      Me. And there's few another examples on the forum. Disk redrilling (even extreme) has no side effects except need to be more carefull with wheel bolt/nut tightening (just to be on safe side).

As I have habbit to go round the wheels with torque wrench almost every month - no problems so far.

Sau
                      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

On the internet i found this post:

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by RobKarloff
                        I've just found out the hard way that the front calipers from a 1995 993 Carerra 4 are NOT the same as the big reds! Doh!! Calipers I have got have the numbers 20.4565.00 and 20.4564.00 on each half and do not fit my intended application which uses a 330mm rotor and is designed for the 993TT caliper. What do you think my chances are of getting my local Scottish Porsche dealer parts guys to take the Carerra 4 calipers on a part exchange for some new big reds?

PS : Anyone tried out the big red replicas being sold on Ebay? Such as these?? Wondering what the quality is like as I'm guessing my Porsche dealer parts dudes will either not be helpful/receptive to my dilemma or will quote silly money for the big reds.

That's correct, 993C4 use the same front caliper as 993C2, this caliper uses the same 304x32 rotor too. The 993tt, 993RS, 993C4S all use the slightly bigger caliper and 322x32 rotor.

As to the e-bay calipers, you would want to know what the mount spec is, what rotor and o/s they are designed for, what pad they use and what are the piston sizes before putting any cash on the line.

My caliper have the same partnumber 89 or 90 and 20.4564.00 which should mean if im correct that these are the same as the small RS2 version. Is this correct? Does anyone know where i can find out what MINIMUM size and thickness the disc and should have in order to let the calipers function correctly?

I have disc which are new 28 mm thick but i dont know iff this is thick enough in order to work correctly with these calipers.

Comment

Does nobody know weither these caliper will work standard 28 mm thick discs?

Comment

Working...
                          X