Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uprated discs

Hi,

Just got to do mine - Cannot afford to upgrade the front brakes too much so was considering going for a black diamond grooved with a pagid fast road pad.

These ok and where is the best place to get please?

Plus re tyres, I have TT 17inch wheels. Where best for tyres?

Much appreciated.

Julian

Originally posted by juleshh
    Hi,

Just got to do mine - Cannot afford to upgrade the front brakes too much so was considering going for a black diamond grooved with a pagid fast road pad.

These ok and where is the best place to get please?

Plus re tyres, I have TT 17inch wheels. Where best for tyres?

Much appreciated.

Julian
    Hi Julian, have a look at Demon Tweeks and German, Swedish and French and Euro Car parts for the brake stuff.

The TT wheels don't fit as standard ( unless you have the ones with 10 holes!) The TT is golf based and has 5 x 100? PCD the S2 has 5 x 112. Lots of people seem to favour www.mytyres.co.uk.

HTH

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
      Hi Julian, have a look at Demon Tweeks and German, Swedish and French and Euro Car parts for the brake stuff.

The TT wheels don't fit as standard ( unless you have the ones with 10 holes!) The TT is golf based and has 5 x 100? PCD the S2 has 5 x 112. Lots of people seem to favour www.mytyres.co.uk.

HTH

David
      Hi David,

Perhaps they ain't TT wheels then! THat's what the previous owner referred to them as.

I will have a butchers at those resources.

Cheers

Julian

Comment

Julian,

Micheldever tyres are good on cost and not far away give them a shout, they also do excellent 4-wheel alignment and know about old cars like the UR quattro and S2.

Cheers,

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Simon from RS246 was saying about selling the stock brakes off of his Audi S4 which is a 2000+ car, not sure what brakes they have fitted but it might be worth doing some investigation.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

2 pot "HP2" calipers with 4 small pads per caliper.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
              Simon from RS246 was saying about selling the stock brakes off of his Audi S4 which is a 2000+ car, not sure what brakes they have fitted but it might be worth doing some investigation.

Greg
              I was looking inside the wheel of aN Audi S8 and it seemed to have 993TT black Porsche calipers on it( no porsche sticker though!).

Nice

David

Comment

They did do a brembo caliper on the S8 at some point dunno which year though.

the brakes from the 2.7 S4 wont fit, BTDT with a set from a 2001 S6 which are the same, the mounting holes are in a completely different position, the holes would need to be right at the edge of the casting which would make it very weak, i sold them on and got some monoblocks

martin

Comment

Working...
                X