365 / 330mm Brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 365 / 330mm Brakes.

Have decided to ditch the S4 brakes I was gonna fit to my 1990 RS4 - engined Coupe quattro. Does anyone know where I can get 365mm discs for the front and 330mm for the rear. Am using Brembos or Porsche 'big reds' all round, with standard S4 rear calippers as the handbrake calippers (making two calippers each side at the rear) Where can I get discs in 365mm's with the correct offset for the front? (5x112) Anyone want the standard S4 front setup?

Don't know of anything off hand - suspect you'll need to get two piece jobs made up by the likes of Hi-Spec or whoever you prefer.

Think the calipers you have need a 32mm disc thickness from memory.

365mm indeed - guess it doesn't matter when you have 20" rims

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Siena,

As Paul said Hi-Spec, they are pretty much respected, and.. they are in our neck of the woods! They are about 10 minutes from the bridge! give them a call and arrange to go see them one Saturday morning to chat brakes.
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Cheers Martyn, will do. Definitely two piece jobs, seperate bells and all the rest. Got one well done S2 PAS pump looking rather lonely... needs a new home in a fast S2 powered bus...

Comment

Are RS4 discs not 360mm? And they the correct PCD

If 360mm is big enough, a lot of RS4 guys hang out at www.rs246.com forums and will probably have spares to lend to see if they fit.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Don't think RS4 items are that big, but they do have the correct PCD. My rear setup is going to be similar to the RS2, with seperate handbrake mechanism, only difference is my car will be running an extra calliper on the leading side of the strut, this is an RS4 item, but just for the handbrake, while the Brembo / Porsche 'Big Red' will be on the trailing side of the strut to take care of the hydraulic side of things.

Comment

http://forums.rs246.com/forums/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Does that work - goto www.rs246.com then to the forums, then to the S2 section, then scroll down to the "New 6 POT brakes fitted"

Lee has used 360mm RS4 discs on his S2.
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Ask the guys from Nordmann Bremsen . They have made some nice S8 discs for not too much money for someone in Holland.
                www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Cheers Doug and Nero, will do.

Comment

Working...
                  X