Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-turbo 993 brake caliper stupid question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-turbo 993 brake caliper stupid question....

Do you fellows think these calipers would make a good start for my Big brake
    conversion for my CQ? I have access to mounting adapters but not to hats(4x108). I know ss brake lines are a must and are easy to acquire. Where would one get hats like the ones I would need? BIRA is backed up to the hilt. Would standard Brembo Discls work? So what is the ops here? BTW I got talked out of the RS2 mirror idea by more level headed people here in the States.

Panzerwagon,
    If you are going the 993 non-turbo route with RS2 brackets, IIRC you can fit a 304x30mm rotor. I think you could then get Euro A8 rotors and shave them to 304 and redrill the bolt pattern...that will start to get expensive though.
    Do you plan to convert to S2 hubs?
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

contact Coleman rotors as well...or Alex at Europrice because he can source 4x108 hats through Coleman...he practically gave them the diagrams for it.

Also, Blau (www.audiquattroparts.com) has the SS lines you would need.

Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

NoNonsense, no I'm not going to change hubs..

because I paid a nut and a half for the 16" BBS wheels I got from Germany. Didn't buy them in the States because they were unavailable. You say I may have to shave the rotor. I prefer to maybe shave he adapter , is that a better solution? Why is it so difficult to find a rotor to work on a car such as mine? Can any supplier in the States make up one at minimal cost? I will be using the RS2 adapter that Europrice is having a sale on.

Comment

i've fitted 993 calipers to my S2. You have to reverse the bleed nipples and crossover pipes so that the large piston is at the top.

You will not be able to redrill the bolt pattern on the A8 disc as it comes with 10 holes predrilled.
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

hmmm...since Mikes2 says the Euro A8 rotor comes with 10 holes, that rules that rotor out. Contact Alex and ask him for a suggestion, because on one of his cars, he runs Coleman rotors that he designed with Boxster Calipers. Perhaps Coleman can make you custom hats and rotor rings to use with your RS2 bracket and 993 set-up.
            Also, I don't know if this is an option (read: don't know if it's possible), but you could see if Porsche has any 304mm rotors...they you could custom drill their rotor to 4x108. I think a thin spacer might be necessary also to keep your same offset. Movit drills porsche rotors from 5x130 to 5x112, so i don't see why 4x108 couldn't be achieved.
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
            X