brembo kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brembo kits

ok, just seen the boys in tsr bridgewater, and they want to use my car as a test bed for a brembo kit.

how good are the brembo's?

they are gonna do the calipers, mountings,bolts, pads, disks and goodridge hoses for £660.
    a fair price?
    '92 S2 - Bent now

Its a good price if you get a decent setup at the end of the day. What size disks are they talking about.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

not sure, but it will all squeeze just behind the standard 16's
      '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

I thought they already had a Brembo based kit for the S2 !

Brembo calipers are well rated though I am no expert on specific types. Assume they are 4-pot of some variety. Please get more info from them or send me a private message with contact details for the guy to talk to at TSR - I've never dealt with them though they seem to have a good reputation with the VAG fraternity.

That is a good price assuming all new parts and decent pads & disks - does that include fitting and VAT ? I'd like a price for a kit that I can fit myself.

Do the Goodridge hoses replace all SIX items on the car ?

Make sure and get decent DOT4 fluid flushed thru the entire system after this job. Castrol SRF is the best but you won't like the price !

PLEASE tell me this kit will work with affordable disks (maybe Audi sized 314x30) so that it fits under standard 16" wheel. Keeps insurance lower as well if Audi discs are used.

I see you have a '92 car - which does have some more clearance issues on the original 5-spoke wheels. If they are smart they will make the kit such that it works with these and the 6-spoke Avus wheels - without wheel spacers of any kind.

Let us know a fully detailed specification and post a photo of the finished job... I really need a decent 4-pot setup and I don't want want posey expensive red Porsche calipers as I prefer a more subtle approach. I could go for HiSpec's kit but there have been one or two niggles with those here. A Brembo based kit for under £700 is what I'm hoping for - as long as I can keep 16" Avus wheels.

paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

speak to neil at tsr (he owns it know)

i'll get the full spec from him, because the car goes in on tuesday for the work.
          they did have a set up they used for this kit, but they have lost all the details
          so they are using my car to replace the lost info.

also, i'm only paying for the parts (at just less than trade, so no idea what the final kit price will be)
          '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

i'd be interested to know which caliper they are going to use......
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

TSR won't let you down, used to use them a lot in my VW days and i lived in Wiltshire. Bought an awesome Y reg polo estate from them in blue ages ago and had great fun for years in it. Oh it did have a G40 cup racer lump and a homefry and pulley 150+ at the wheels weighed nothing. Still miss it
              Tim owned it when i used to go but think Neil worked there even then. Enthusiasts as well as a business. LIke Vagparts
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic
              VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
              VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
              vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

@groofosp: Was that the featured metallic blue "Breadvan Son of G60" that was in VW Motoring mag? What did they do about a servo??

Siena

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
                  @groofosp: Was that the featured metallic blue "Breadvan Son of G60" that was in VW Motoring mag? What did they do about a servo??

Siena
                  Yes that was the one, sold it to a dude in essex i think. The servo wasn't a problem cos there wasn't one. It ran a golf? master and gti discs all round. You had to give them a good shove but they were quite effective Always thought the G40 was a pucker lump and was a shame it never cault on. It was very similar to the S2 in that it was rare, in the uk especially, and driving it was bad for your licence I have even still got a trophy from the sprint at inters bout 95, one run on the sunday, first by half a second
                  Ragusa Coupe gone!
                  sigpic
                  VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                  VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                  vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

love the G40 polo, it can be such a sleeper
                    had a G60 corrado, another rare car (which is probably why i bought the S2 after killing it), and still love the engine note

ok, car goes to tsr tonight so should be collected in a day or two
                    cash is sorted
                    report to be filed on receipt of finished modification
                    '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Working...
                    X