Abs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs Question

In a recent European Car magazine there was an article about a US spec Coupe that had been converted to an S2/RS2. In the picture of the engine compartment the ABS pump assembly shown was unlike the one that came in my model year 3/90 Coupe.
    My question is are there differences in the type of ABS systems on the S2/RS2 than on US cars? Specifically, 4-Channel vs 3-Channel systems.
    My car is definitely a 3-Channel system as there is only one brake line to the
    rear of the vehicle which splits off to supply both rear brakes. During ABS intervention both rear brakes are controlled by one channel regardless of which rear wheel may be the source of the lockup. In a 4-Channel system there would need to be a separate line to each rear caliper to control each wheel brake individually. Is this the case on the S2/RS2 models?
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Hi What engine was the car when original I have Autodata on CD and can email certain things about abs on certain cars.
    I need to know year,engine code and power out put.
    I have details on Coupe and coupe quattro
    engines 2.0,2.2,2.3,2.6,2.8.from 89-96

Comment

My car is a 1990 Model 90 , 20 valve Coupe. The vehicle in the magazine started out the same as mine. It came with 163hp, 2.3L 20valve 5cylinder. It had been converted to 315hp RS2 specs.
      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

European FWD 20V N/A definately has 4 channels and my '91 Coupe S2 3 channels.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X