are these 996 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these 996 brakes

Can someone tell me if these are Porsche 996 Calipers. I found them on the internet ?
    Attached Files
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Originally posted by Erikb
    Can someone tell me if these are Porsche 996 Calipers. I found them on the internet ?

What is the part numbers on them?

Greg W.
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Thats the problem, someone want to sell them on internet. He thought they were from a 996. He had them fitted on his Audi TT.

Can you find the part.nr on the Calipers?.

What is normal to pay for these calipers, if they are from a 996.

Comment

another picture
        Attached Files

Comment

and the last picture
          Attached Files

Comment

They do look exactly like the 996 calipers i have fitted to my car. they have the same pad pin and clip as the newer calipers as opposed to the older 993 style clip, however, why is the seller selling 4 of them? They look to be the same size, don't fit all the same at all four corners...you'll fook you bias
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

ps...they can be had for about $300 each at a good price...that's roughly 165 GBP
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

THought about this over night....i cannot say for sure if those are all 996 front or rear calipers...they look to be fronts, but without part numbers, I couldn't tell you for sure. They definitely appear 996, though. Here are the part numbers you should be looking for:

Carrera calipers (black):
                Left - 996.351.425.01
                Right - 996.351.426.01

Boxster S calipers (red):
                Left - 996.351.425.11
                Right - 996.351.426.11

Usually, the boxster S calipers cost another 50 GBP each, which is a total rip-off for some red paint. That was just a side note/rant.

Good luck with those calipers!
                Joe "NoNonsense"
                axis motorsport
                joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Thanks Nononsense. I asked the buyer to send me the part numbers.

Is is also possible to fit the calipers of the GT3? and are these the same as the porsche S4 and the Turbo? Is it possible to fit these in 17" Porsche wheels?

thanks,

Erik de Bruijn

Comment

Erik,
                    I don't know enough about the GT3 calipers, but they can certainly be made to fit along with a custom set of brackets. The 996 calipers will fit up with RS2 caliper brackets and a 314x30mm rotor (like the A8). Depending on your rotor set-up, though, the 996 calipers can fit a rotor up to 330mm, but rotor coverage wouldn't be the same as using a 322 mm rotor.
                    PM me if you'd like to chat brakes...i've done a lot of research on 993tt, 996, and 996tt calipers...and i've just started researching on porsche cayanne 6-pot calipers, but it still seems that the 996tt is most efficient.

good luck,
                    joe
                    Joe "NoNonsense"
                    axis motorsport
                    joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Joe, I consider you the CQ BrakeMeister.

I don't know if I mentioned this but Billzcat1 is putting together a Big Brake kit for me using Boxster calipers and custom brackets and Wilwood hats. He's gonna get them to fit under 16" rims with ET35. I can't wait. They'll be quality cause Billz is a whiz with metal fabbing. Anything you can add to this one-off(for now) will be of value.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                        I don't know if I mentioned this but Billzcat1 is putting together a Big Brake kit for me using Boxster calipers and custom brackets and Wilwood hats. He's gonna get them to fit under 16" rims with ET35. I can't wait. They'll be quality cause Billz is a whiz with metal fabbing. Anything you can add to this one-off(for now) will be of value.
                        haha Thanks Panzerwagen! I wouldn't consider myself a brake meister, but I have done all my research. Sounds like a good set up for you...you should also talk to Alex at europrice because that's what he runs on his car. Alex designed the rotors himself, and Coleman makes them to fit.
                        Billzcat is a metal fabbing master...I wish I could do that stuff because I am trying to design something for my car, but don't have the CNC skills.
                        What are you going to use for rotor rings?
                        Joe "NoNonsense"
                        axis motorsport
                        joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

To the CQ Brake Meister! That's you Joe!

To answer your question I don't know. That's something I gotta ask Billzcat.
                          Ok I'll bite, what's the gray matter in your head planning?

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                            To answer your question I don't know. That's something I gotta ask Billzcat.
                            Ok I'll bite, what's the gray matter in your head planning?
                            I'm always planning something!

Are those pics of your car I saw online at Treffen 2004??
                            Joe "NoNonsense"
                            axis motorsport
                            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Yes they are.

You can see the wheels I'm using and are reluctant to dump for the sake of Big Brakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X