ABS sensor ring or full CV joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS sensor ring or full CV joint?

I need a ABS ring for the n/s/f of my RS2. Does anyone know if you can get them separately or if you have to buy a full CV joint?

If a joint, can you recommend a supplier, good OEM or better quality please.

Cheers

Pete
    Audi RS2 Volcano Black, MRC chip, Milltek exhaust

ABS ring is part of the CV joint. But it is pretty robust. Are you sure you need a new one? They do get a little rusty or dirty sometimes, but usually clean up ok.
    SS

Comment

one of the rear rings on my last aby totally rotted away(like a lot of the car tbh).Rings are available(non oe) but by the time you have pissed around you may aswell stick a new one on ime

Comment

Ring has come adrift at big speed (160+) when I was in Germany the other week.

Probably rotted away. Can't see it until I strip the Cv joint out.

The CV joint is fine, so was looking for just the ring.

If it is easier just to change the joint, can you recommend a supplier. AUDI want £130+vat! for the joint, and thats reconditioned!

Pete

Comment

yeah thats a bit pricey

have a look on here

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...highlight=ring

there is also another thread on here with a link to a company that sold the rings but i can't find it

I think the cheapest option would be to get a used rear CV off a 7a 20v as i believe they are the same

I possibly have a new one sat around,will have a look

Comment

I changed a trigger ring a few years ago. It was a newish one on an old joint in the scrap yard, so I carefully eased it off and equally carefully eased it back on mine. My old one had rotted off too.

Comment

Sorted this...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53437

Thanks for all your input

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X