Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big RS2 brakes for S2, easy?

Hi,
    I managed to buy a set of new big red brakes with adapters for the S2 together with stahlflex ducts, screws aND TEXTAR PADS AND A SET OF DISCS with Audi screw pattern. Is the conversion straightforward or are there complications to be expected?

Thanks
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Should be easy You will need to make up some new brake hoses though.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
      Hi,
      I managed to buy a set of new big red brakes with adapters for the S2 together with stahlflex ducts, screws aND TEXTAR PADS AND A SET OF DISCS with Audi screw pattern. Is the conversion straightforward or are there complications to be expected?

Thanks
      Horvath, the hub pattern for the RS2 5 x 130mm is different to the S2 5 x 112. You may need a set of Audi S8 disks or similar. unless I'm mistaken.

It should all bolt together as long as you have all the bolts. as steve said you need new pipes. this is to replace the flexible near the caliper and also the short hard brake pipe round the back of the strut.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
        Horvath, the hub pattern for the RS2 5 x 130mm is different to the S2 5 x 112. You may need a set of Audi S8 disks or similar. unless I'm mistaken.

It should all bolt together as long as you have all the bolts. as steve said you need new pipes. this is to replace the flexible near the caliper and also the short hard brake pipe round the back of the strut.

David
        Thanks guys,

I have all the bits together. Short screws, long screws, stahlflexx hoses, audi pattern discs drilled, textar pads, adapters, ...We'll see soon.
        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Let us know how you get on - it's amazing how many people here have done these sorts of brake mods...
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
            Let us know how you get on - it's amazing how many people here have done these sorts of brake mods...
            I am running RS2 caliper adapters, 996 monoblock calipers, A8 314x30mm custom drilled/slotted rotors for now. Currently, I'm making a whole new set but that's classified.

The only modification to parts was machining down the caliper carrier pins by 1mm each...which took me about 2 minutes...so it's very easy and straight forward.
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
            X