Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brakes upgrade??

Hi guys,

What do you suggest for rear brakes upgrade? Issue is what kind of caliper I can use and keep my handbrake cable carriers are not an issue. I'm after for minimum 280mm ventilated disk like S8 rear calipers, but maybe you can suggest something a bit bigger than that?

I saw somewhere that Girling 41/43 is able to go with 304 or 314mm disc ? If this is true from what car this calipers are?

Last edited by Nik0las; 26 October 2011, 15:07.

You could go down the route of using similar to front setup with a helper for the handbrake
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

hmm and what model of fron calipers is this with helper? lets say what car?

Comment

have not done myself but plan to on my coupe. Not sure if the handbrake cable would reach but I think it does for this combo. I'm assuming you are speaking of a coupe or s2 coupe.

use UrS6 rear calipers, S8 carriers, B6 S4 rear rotors. There are 300mm 2 pc rear rotors available to spice up the deal. For this 300mm size may require mod to the cable though i would assume

Comment

Originally posted by tecknoquatt View Post
          have not done myself but plan to on my coupe. Not sure if the handbrake cable would reach but I think it does for this combo. I'm assuming you are speaking of a coupe or s2 coupe.

use UrS6 rear calipers, S8 carriers, B6 S4 rear rotors. There are 300mm 2 pc rear rotors available to spice up the deal. For this 300mm size may require mod to the cable though i would assume
          but in this case the pads are they be able to cover whole service of 300mm rotors?

Wouldn't be easier if I use S8 calipers and carriers directly?

I can take A8 or S8 calipers right away may be they are same? Or maybe the carriers are same do you know?
          Last edited by Nik0las; 28 October 2011, 09:16.

Comment

I fit the quattro corner kit, 41 vs 36 mm with 280mm ventilated disc, a little bit less weight than 314's mm

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48925

Comment

Originally posted by tecknoquatt View Post
              these are basically my rear brakes, with the disc machined to 280mm

Comment

Working...
              X