Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic brake pump= Brake warning light:

Hi guys.

After reading some archived posts I notice the lack of knowledge around potential for the Brake warning light.

Two of them that have yet to be mentioned:

Worn power steering belt
    Worn seal in the power steering/hydraulic pump

The reason why the brake warning light goes on when you start the car up is because it's leaking through the seal(or possibly worse internal problems) and the hydraulic pump cannot prime itself fast enough to send pressure to the Pressure Accumulator "brake bomb".

Or Possibly the Power steering belt is worn out enough to where it's too loose at start up to prime the pump quick enough to send pressure to the pressure accumulator.

I am not saying that the pressure accumulator may not be faulty. However i did want to list other possible reasons for this light.

I know my hydraulic brake pump is toast because I watched it smoke. This has cause my brake pedal to harded up.

This post applies to audis with a brake hydraulic pump on the power steering pump. This does not apply to audis with a brake booster/vacumn setup.

Cheers
    Josh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?
Working...
X