cold weather-brake sign beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather-brake sign beeps

Whats this? The red brake signal with 3 beeps and 6 blinks has been on for a year but now as it is around 0 degrees it stays on for all the time when driving in town. Actually, it may cease when I hit the brake pedal heavily but then its on again. Bomb? Or what? Have you experienced these things yet?
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Originally posted by horvathg
    Whats this? The red brake signal with 3 beeps and 6 blinks has been on for a year but now as it is around 0 degrees it stays on for all the time when driving in town. Actually, it may cease when I hit the brake pedal heavily but then its on again. Bomb? Or what? Have you experienced these things yet?
    Any ideas please? A rather annoying thing this is if you want to know. Fluid levels are OK. Brake pedal feeling is rather soft at the bottom though...
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Dead bomb - or faulty brake servo - or PAS not pumping properly.

Hydarulic fluid correct (G2000) and at right level ?

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Or faulty sensor but I'd say it's probably the pump that is tired and can't make anything of the cold oil.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
          Or faulty sensor but I'd say it's probably the pump that is tired and can't make anything of the cold oil.
          Thank you very much for the enlightening good news.
          Gabor

Comment

Working...
          X