help needed to identify brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaaperdaja
    I think I'll still get A8 disks and machine them down to 299 mm. Then it should be fine. I probably have to make the adapters as well.
    Kaaper,

I have tried to make improvements on the braking power of the S2 first by buying so called sport discs like drilled Zimmermann etc and fine pads. Apart from having a Nice disc behind the wheel I could not achieve ANY improvement in deceleration. None. To feel that it is really better, you must change the whole set. Caliper, disc, steel braided lining, pads. There is no way you can spare the money. That's the truth.
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
      Kaaper,

I have tried to make improvements on the braking power of the S2 first by buying so called sport discs like drilled Zimmermann etc and fine pads. Apart from having a Nice disc behind the wheel I could not achieve ANY improvement in deceleration. None. To feel that it is really better, you must change the whole set. Caliper, disc, steel braided lining, pads. There is no way you can spare the money. That's the truth.
      Do you think that there isn't difference if I change the original brakes to Porsche 964 ones with new disks?

Reimo

Comment

Originally posted by kaaperdaja
        Do you think that there isn't difference if I change the original brakes to Porsche 964 ones with new disks?

Reimo
        If you change calipers AND bigger discs, then its OK. Only calipers with small discs are not worth the investment IMHO because your surface is not improved considerably. Since the disc is the least expensive of the lot, you shouldn't skip them. They are more important then a coloured caliper. Less visible, though...
        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
        X