Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire for coupe with larger brakes

I thought I would pass this along.

I am running 323X30 rotors with 996 calipers. In the rear UrS6 calipers on A8 carriers, with 280X22 rotor. Running a spare is a concern, as the coupe came with 4X108 and I am now running 5X112.

So first I picked up the same size 16" spare as the coupe originally had, but in 5X112. Don't remember off what car, as it was 7 years ago.

This would only fit with a spacer. Don't remember the size, as I have moved on, but I had to buy spacers and longer bolts. This was not a problem when I was running the S4 Avus wheels, as I had to use spacers with them. It would only work in the rear, never in the front.

So I got this spare. It is out of an 1995 UrS6, and it is a 17 inch spare. Tire size is T125/80R17. Wheel size is 400BX17HR ET 35. Part number is 441-601-025L.

t fits fine in both the front and the rear. Clears the 996 calipers without a problem.

Now the only problem left was, would it fit in the coupe spare tire well.

Sits a little higher of course, but the cover fits, the rear shelf fits, and the hatch closes. Works for me.

Greg W.
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.
Working...
X